AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: Transit Driver endangers passengers and other motorists.  (Read 17136 times)

kphoger

• My 2 Achilles' heels: sarcasm & snark

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:31:10 PM
Re: Transit Driver endangers passengers and other motorists.
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2021, 11:37:25 AM »

Anyone on the side of the road according to the laws I've posted have to yield to all passing traffic before reentering the road.

Yes, that's totally true.  But that doesn't make it a huge deal.  If every bus driver waited for a gap every time before pulling out, then buses would start running late all over Chicago.  In my experience, here's the order of vehicles to yield to no matter what the laws are:

1.  Emergency or police vehicles with lights and siren
2.  Emergency or police vehicles with lights but no siren
3.  Drunk drivers exhibiting erratic behavior
4.  CTA buses

Anything else takes a distant 5th place.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. Dick
If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jeffandnicole

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:52:41 PM
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2021, 11:53:40 AM »

I couldn't imagine being a city bus driver.  Dealing with traffic on the outside that doesn't want to let you in, then dealing with the passengers on the inside.

The turn signal showing the bus was going to merge in was clearly flashing when Crash_It intentionally sped up.  Being that he edited it to show very minimal time here (yet, shows a LOT of time near the end before he makes his right), means that the bus probably had that signal flashing for a longer period of time, and Crash_It probably sped up more than shown, in order to recklessly attempt to impede a transit buses' movement.

I did not intentionally speed up to block him. Anyone on the side of the road according to the laws I've posted have to yield to all passing traffic before reentering the road.

In both cases where the bus attempted to merge in front of you, your speed crept up. The first time, you more than doubled your speed after the bus driver turned on their blinker, yet were only a 1 second distance behind the driver in front of you, which is often a tailgating distance...one of which you have frequently highlighted when others do it to you in your other videos.  The 2nd time, your speed increased from around 25 to 29 mph after the bus fully signalized his intent, and you were probably aware his lane was ending.

So, yes, your speeding up was intentional.

seicer

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 11:02:08 PM
    • Bridges & Tunnels
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2021, 02:45:03 PM »

And because he videos all of his illegal interactions, it just makes a court case exceedingly easy to prove against him.

Max Rockatansky

• Last Login: Today at 12:44:16 AM
    • Gribblenation
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2021, 03:02:14 PM »

I couldn't imagine being a city bus driver.  Dealing with traffic on the outside that doesn't want to let you in, then dealing with the passengers on the inside.

The turn signal showing the bus was going to merge in was clearly flashing when Crash_It intentionally sped up.  Being that he edited it to show very minimal time here (yet, shows a LOT of time near the end before he makes his right), means that the bus probably had that signal flashing for a longer period of time, and Crash_It probably sped up more than shown, in order to recklessly attempt to impede a transit buses' movement.

I did not intentionally speed up to block him. Anyone on the side of the road according to the laws I've posted have to yield to all passing traffic before reentering the road.

In both cases where the bus attempted to merge in front of you, your speed crept up. The first time, you more than doubled your speed after the bus driver turned on their blinker, yet were only a 1 second distance behind the driver in front of you, which is often a tailgating distance...one of which you have frequently highlighted when others do it to you in your other videos.  The 2nd time, your speed increased from around 25 to 29 mph after the bus fully signalized his intent, and you were probably aware his lane was ending.

So, yes, your speeding up was intentional.

Wait, you mean to say his videos are largely selectively staged?  I’m shocked, it’s almost like he’s a shyster trying to get subscribers or something.

Flint1979

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:48:12 PM
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2021, 05:12:49 PM »

Ya know you sound like a really inconsiderate driver and with the attitude you have probably shouldn't even be on the road to begin with.

kphoger

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2021, 06:35:28 PM »

Yeah, it sound like he's only considerate if everyone is doing exactly what they're supposed to.  You know, as long as there's not actually any need to be considerate.
Male pronouns, please.

If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

US 89

• Your friendly neighborhood meteorologist

• Last Login: February 23, 2024, 09:23:28 AM
    • Utah Highways
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2021, 07:14:01 PM »

Yeah, it sound like he's only considerate if everyone is doing exactly what they're supposed to he wants them to.

FTFY

NE2

• fuck

• Last Login: March 11, 2024, 12:16:05 AM
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

renegade

• Change my mind.

• Last Login: November 23, 2021, 02:27:24 PM
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2021, 08:33:15 PM »

^^ Cra_shIt will tell you that doesn’t apply to him because it’s Florida law.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

1995hoo

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:22:06 PM
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2021, 08:43:12 PM »

He’d be right! Florida law doesn’t apply outside Florida.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Max Rockatansky

• Gribblenation
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2021, 08:44:57 PM »

Which will probably go something like this:

Skye

• Last Login: November 29, 2023, 09:20:51 PM
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2021, 09:13:55 PM »

I've seen other drivers do worse when driving around busses. I see cars turning directly in front of a moving bus, cars go into the turn lane to pass busses that have already pulled away from bus stops.

Crash_It

• The Disgraced Lord Carhorn

• Last Login: February 03, 2023, 06:08:53 PM
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2021, 01:32:57 PM »

And because he videos all of his illegal interactions, it just makes a court case exceedingly easy to prove against him.

There are no illegal interactions of mine in this video. Any video I've shown in court actually ruled in my favor.

This one for example:

kphoger

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2021, 01:42:15 PM »

The fact that you're going to court at all should give you a clue...
Male pronouns, please.

Max Rockatansky

• Gribblenation
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2021, 01:44:31 PM »

There are no illegal interactions of mine in this video. Any video I've shown in court actually ruled in my favor.

This one for example:

Spam redacted

Pedal your garage videos some place where people are naive enough to not know you are a fraud. 

renegade

• Change my mind.

• Last Login: November 23, 2021, 02:27:24 PM
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2021, 01:45:09 PM »

If I were a judge and Cra_shIt brought a video into my courtroom telling me things someone else should be cited for, I'd revoke his license and send him to jail.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

jeffandnicole

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2021, 01:51:00 PM »

This one for example:

In your video you posted regarding that day, you said the judge dismissed the ticket.  That's not being ruled in your favor.  Dismissing a court case means that the judge decided there wasn't enough evidence to rule one way or another.  (It could also meant the prosecutor or officer dropped the case.) 

If you were found not guilty, then the judge ruled in your favor.

Either way, it was a favorable outcome for you, albeit a waste of time to fight it in the first case.  Being the cop really didn't want to charge anyone in the first place, most likely he and the prosecutor just wanted to get this over with.

kphoger

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2021, 02:07:36 PM »

This one for example:

1.  From what I see in that video, the other driver had not actually stopped until you were already blaring your horn at her for like four solid seconds.  If you hadn't done that, I bet she wouldn't have stopped.  Her stopping is your fault.

2.  Crossing over a solid white line is not illegal.  From what I saw in your video, the driver stopped while fully (or very nearly so) within the lane, then crossed into the other lane after the gore taper.  The only line she crossed was a single solid white line, which is a legal maneuver.  There is no prohibition against it in the Illinois vehicle code, and the Illinois traffic control devices manual states in 39-3.02(c) that "a solid white line may be used to discourage lane switching ...".  Discourage, not prohibit.

3.  Blaring your horn at a driver is illegal.  You broke the law by doing that.  According to ILCS 5/12-601(a), the only legally permitted use of your horn is "when reasonably necessary to insure safe operation".  Venting your frustration at how someone else is driving does not fall within those legal parameters.

4.  How has it not occurred to you that, if what you're doing prompts people to acts of road rage–especially to the point of chasing you down and calling the cops–then it's within the realm of possibility that you need to alter your driving behavior?  It does not fall upon your shoulders to let every driver out there know when he or she is doing something that's against the law, or even unsafe.  Generally, it appears the people you're getting aggravated at either (a) already know exactly what they're doing, and therefore don't really care what you think, or else (b) are unsure of how to proceed and are being overly cautions, and therefore don't really need a horn-blasting jerk making the situation even more complicated and stressful.  All you're doing is making people mad at you, and angry people tend to do unsafe things.  You're making the streets less safe by your actions.
Male pronouns, please.

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:15:45 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2021, 02:19:54 PM »

^^^

Isn't that the one where he basically chased the woman down and insisted the cops write her a ticket?

What's the use? Why get worked up over a random, isolated incident where the other driver doesn't do something exactly to your liking?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2021, 02:20:17 PM »

This one for example:

In your video you posted regarding that day, you said the judge dismissed the ticket.  That's not being ruled in your favor.  Dismissing a court case means that the judge decided there wasn't enough evidence to rule one way or another.  (It could also meant the prosecutor or officer dropped the case.) 

If you were found not guilty, then the judge ruled in your favor.

Either way, it was a favorable outcome for you, albeit a waste of time to fight it in the first case.  Being the cop really didn't want to charge anyone in the first place, most likely he and the prosecutor just wanted to get this over with.

Besides which, his ticket was for "improper lane usage"–which, I agree, I didn't see any evidence of in his video.  That doesn't mean he wasn't the one responsible for the incident.
Male pronouns, please.

Crash_It

• The Disgraced Lord Carhorn

• Last Login: February 03, 2023, 06:08:53 PM
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2021, 10:41:15 PM »

This one for example:

1.  From what I see in that video, the other driver had not actually stopped until you were already blaring your horn at her for like four solid seconds.  If you hadn't done that, I bet she wouldn't have stopped.  Her stopping is your fault.

2.  Crossing over a solid white line is not illegal.  From what I saw in your video, the driver stopped while fully (or very nearly so) within the lane, then crossed into the other lane after the gore taper.  The only line she crossed was a single solid white line, which is a legal maneuver.  There is no prohibition against it in the Illinois vehicle code, and the Illinois traffic control devices manual states in 39-3.02(c) that "a solid white line may be used to discourage lane switching ...".  Discourage, not prohibit.

3.  Blaring your horn at a driver is illegal.  You broke the law by doing that.  According to ILCS 5/12-601(a), the only legally permitted use of your horn is "when reasonably necessary to insure safe operation".  Venting your frustration at how someone else is driving does not fall within those legal parameters.

4.  How has it not occurred to you that, if what you're doing prompts people to acts of road rage–especially to the point of chasing you down and calling the cops–then it's within the realm of possibility that you need to alter your driving behavior?  It does not fall upon your shoulders to let every driver out there know when he or she is doing something that's against the law, or even unsafe.  Generally, it appears the people you're getting aggravated at either (a) already know exactly what they're doing, and therefore don't really care what you think, or else (b) are unsure of how to proceed and are being overly cautions, and therefore don't really need a horn-blasting jerk making the situation even more complicated and stressful.  All you're doing is making people mad at you, and angry people tend to do unsafe things.  You're making the streets less safe by your actions.

1) She was stopped and that's why I used my horn
3) It is not illegal and even the cop admitted that.
4) The events in this video resulted in a new sign being placed at those intersections in that area.

jeffandnicole

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2021, 12:37:12 PM »

3) It is not illegal and even the cop admitted that.

But you fought the ticket the officer did give you.  If that violation you got the ticket for was an illegal traffic action, why didn't you just pay the fine, or go to court, plead guilty, and pay the fine?

I guess there's a limit as to what you agreed with the cop about.

index

• Chief Sisyphean Affairs Officer

• Last Login: March 14, 2024, 06:42:34 PM
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2021, 01:45:37 PM »

0:42...Isn't it totally possible that the bus could've already been in the intersection in the second, or split-second or so before the light turned red? I mean, it's a bendy bus. It's long. It hasn't been pointed out in the thread very much, but it doesn't shock me considering how good this person seems to be of making a spectacle of the very first incident. I wouldn't be surprised if they caught themselves in that awkward zone if you don't know if you need to slam on the gas or the brakes at a yellow light.

If they tried to stop for that red light, they would've been in the intersection anyway, which probably would be worse than just blowing straight through because at least the people going aren't anticipating he's gonna stop, so they won't try to go until it's clear nothing will happen to them. Buses are heavy things. Heavy things have longer stopping distances. And, any passengers in the bus, since buses don't have seat belts, would've got a nice jolt. Not a very pleasant experience.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 01:54:38 PM by index »
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

Flint1979

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:48:12 PM
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2021, 02:04:45 PM »

Getting mad at people on the road is pointless. I have to hold myself back from getting mad sometimes. For example yesterday I was driving along a stretch of Brockway in the City of Saginaw between Malzahn and Passolt since I know everyone is going to want to go to Google Maps and look at this. But ok I'm doing 40 mph, the speed limit is 30 mph so I was already driving over the speed limit and a black Buick proceeds to ride my ass, then uses the turning lane to pass me, punches it doing probably over 65 mph and ran the red light at Hemmeter where I turned. I wasn't happy that the vehicle was driving in my community with no regard to public safety but there wasn't anything I could do about it since I'm not Law Enforcement. I did call Saginaw Township Police and made them aware of the vehicle so maybe they did find the vehicle but I doubt it but at least I made a call to give them a heads up about it.

Another incident this morning where I was slowing down to stop at a red light almost involved a truck rear ending me. The guy pulled up on the side of me with his window down saying my bad I'm sorry. I gave him a thumbs up and we were fine. There's no reason to piss people off on the road or get pissed off it's ridiculous and honestly very dangerous since you don't know the other person it's called road rage and people have been killed because of road rage.

I seriously think you need to learn how to drive because it's pretty obvious that you think you own the road and it's up to you to let other people know how to drive. It isn't. MOYB.

jeffandnicole

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2021, 02:53:28 PM »

0:42...Isn't it totally possible that the bus could've already been in the intersection in the second, or split-second or so before the light turned red?

A local news station near me had a report one day about some issue with SEPTA buses. It kept showing video of one bus "going through a red light". But when you looked at the video... the bus actually entered the intersection when the light was still green, just before it turned yellow. Because city buses are long, and intersections wide, and speed are slow, by the time the bus made it through the intersection, the 3 second yellow had cycled and the light turned red, with the rear of the bus still slightly in the intersection.

A better use of that video would have been to show that yellow lights may actually be timed too short.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.