AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Transit Driver endangers passengers and other motorists.  (Read 17130 times)

kphoger

• My 2 Achilles' heels: sarcasm & snark

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:31:10 PM
Re: Transit Driver endangers passengers and other motorists.
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2021, 03:50:09 PM »

1) She was stopped and that's why I used my horn

Your video suggests otherwise.

3) It is not illegal and even the cop admitted that.

It is illegal.  I just cited the traffic law that prohibits it.  I've interacted with several police officers–in Illinois, no less–that were mistaken about what the traffic laws actually say.

4) The events in this video resulted in a new sign being placed at those intersections in that area.

Such does not contradict my assertion.  The amount of road rage you're exhibiting, I'm quite certain, exceeds the amount of safety granted by that new sign.

3.  Blaring your horn at a driver is illegal.  You broke the law by doing that.  According to ILCS 5/12-601(a), the only legally permitted use of your horn is "when reasonably necessary to insure safe operation".  Venting your frustration at how someone else is driving does not fall within those legal parameters.

But you fought the ticket the officer did give you.  If that violation you got the ticket for was an illegal traffic action, why didn't you just pay the fine, or go to court, plead guilty, and pay the fine?

I guess there's a limit as to what you agreed with the cop about.

His ticket wasn't even for blaring his horn.  It was for improper lane usage.  I didn't notice any improper lane usage in his video.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. Dick
If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

seicer

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 11:02:08 PM
    • Bridges & Tunnels
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2021, 03:58:45 PM »

We are all assuming that CrashIt is actually exhibiting truthfulness when he says his actions led to a sign being installed or that he won those court cases. Take it with a grain of salt.

Max Rockatansky

• Last Login: Today at 12:44:16 AM
    • Gribblenation
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2021, 04:00:32 PM »

We are all assuming that CrashIt is actually exhibiting truthfulness when he says his actions led to a sign being installed or that he won those court cases. Take it with a grain of salt.

Given his narratives are so easy to poke holes in I just assume the dude is a chronic liar. 

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:15:45 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2021, 04:45:38 PM »

Getting mad at people on the road is pointless. I have to hold myself back from getting mad sometimes. For example yesterday I was driving along a stretch of Brockway in the City of Saginaw between Malzahn and Passolt since I know everyone is going to want to go to Google Maps and look at this. But ok I'm doing 40 mph, the speed limit is 30 mph so I was already driving over the speed limit and a black Buick proceeds to ride my ass, then uses the turning lane to pass me, punches it doing probably over 65 mph and ran the red light at Hemmeter where I turned. I wasn't happy that the vehicle was driving in my community with no regard to public safety but there wasn't anything I could do about it since I'm not Law Enforcement. I did call Saginaw Township Police and made them aware of the vehicle so maybe they did find the vehicle but I doubt it but at least I made a call to give them a heads up about it.

Best way to handle that situation -- tailgating, illegal pass, excessive speed, running a red light -- is to report the driver as a suspected intoxicated driver. That will get the police motivated to find them.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Flint1979

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:48:12 PM
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2021, 05:31:38 PM »

Getting mad at people on the road is pointless. I have to hold myself back from getting mad sometimes. For example yesterday I was driving along a stretch of Brockway in the City of Saginaw between Malzahn and Passolt since I know everyone is going to want to go to Google Maps and look at this. But ok I'm doing 40 mph, the speed limit is 30 mph so I was already driving over the speed limit and a black Buick proceeds to ride my ass, then uses the turning lane to pass me, punches it doing probably over 65 mph and ran the red light at Hemmeter where I turned. I wasn't happy that the vehicle was driving in my community with no regard to public safety but there wasn't anything I could do about it since I'm not Law Enforcement. I did call Saginaw Township Police and made them aware of the vehicle so maybe they did find the vehicle but I doubt it but at least I made a call to give them a heads up about it.

Best way to handle that situation -- tailgating, illegal pass, excessive speed, running a red light -- is to report the driver as a suspected intoxicated driver. That will get the police motivated to find them.
That sounds good to me I think I'll do that from now on if I get into a situation like that. I mean that is four tickets the cops could have given her if they had seen her do all four violations. I think they would have pulled her over when she did the illegal pass though and probably would have kept going so they could have got her for all four maybe. I always hope people like that do something stupid in front of a cop.

Flint1979

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2021, 05:38:19 PM »

Yeah I don't believe it for a second. The kind of shit he's pulling wouldn't fly in my county. And I'm sure getting a sign installed would take a petition. We got one signed around my area recently and MDOT is going to install a left turn arrow at this dangerous intersection.
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.4366968,-84.0044097,3a,15y,276.06h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sNWaa2yfYUJk4k8m6tBOa4A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Crash_It

• The Disgraced Lord Carhorn

• Last Login: February 03, 2023, 06:08:53 PM
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2021, 11:34:35 AM »

1) She was stopped and that's why I used my horn

Your video suggests otherwise.

It is illegal.  I just cited the traffic law that prohibits it.  I've interacted with several police officers–in Illinois, no less–that were mistaken about what the traffic laws actually say.

The use of my horn in that video was not illegal.. here's the law

625 ILCS 5/12-601) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 12-601)
    Sec. 12-601. Horns and warning devices.
    (a) Every motor vehicle when operated upon a highway shall be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than 200 feet, but no horn or other warning device shall emit an unreasonable loud or harsh sound or a whistle. The driver of a motor vehicle shall when reasonably necessary to insure safe operation give audible warning with his horn but shall not otherwise use such horn when upon a highway

She was sitting stopped where you weren't supposed to be, therefore I used my horn to give audible warning to the fact that she was sitting there dangerously to insure safe operation. Anytime, a driver perceives an unsafe situation, they can sound use their horn. If I were to ever be cited for this all I'd have to say is "I did not feel safe by this driver's actions so I honked to warn him/her or others around to this situation"

Crash_It

• The Disgraced Lord Carhorn

• Last Login: February 03, 2023, 06:08:53 PM
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2021, 11:38:23 AM »

Here's proof that the sign was changed

and proof that I won that court case:

I almost didn't win this though, the Assistant DA still wanted the citation to stay on my record, but I requested to go to the judge with the video and he dismissed it.

CtrlAltDel

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 11:41:10 PM
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2021, 12:36:25 PM »

There's no proof here. This is just you saying the same things in video form that you've been putting in text form on this forum.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 02:37:44 PM by CtrlAltDel »
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

renegade

• Change my mind.

• Last Login: November 23, 2021, 02:27:24 PM
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2021, 02:18:20 PM »

Let me put it this way ... roll up behind me blowing your fucking horn like that and I will FIX it for you.  Trust me.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:15:45 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2021, 03:50:06 PM »

How in the world has this thread -- and some of the others by the OP -- not been locked yet?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Max Rockatansky

• Gribblenation
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2021, 03:57:53 PM »

How in the world has this thread -- and some of the others by the OP -- not been locked yet?

Is being a quantifiable (perhaps pathological) liar who actively puts others in dangerous driving scenarios (and records it for all to see) actually violating any terms of use?  While the “driving videos”  are road oriented they certainly are spammy (a generous description) in nature and likely only here so the OP build his brand on YouTube. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 04:00:43 PM by Max Rockatansky »

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:41:17 PM
    • Flickr account
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2021, 05:03:40 PM »

The unanimous opposition in these threads means that he’s actually harming his channel by being here.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Max Rockatansky

• Gribblenation
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2021, 05:14:48 PM »

The unanimous opposition in these threads means that he’s actually harming his channel by being here.

But yet, people are viewing the videos given there are some detailed analysis in replies.  The OP clearly is getting by on fielding low brow content and getting people to watch because of how bad/sensationalized it is.

As a comparison, FritzOwl puts out a ton of what most would call low quality content with his Interstate plans.  But to that end FritzOwl doesn’t intentionally endanger other drivers, show it off in video form and argue with people about to draw more views.  Fritz also stays on topic in his own thread (nowadays) and doesn’t spam a bunch of new topics every time he has a new idea.

Also, when did the channel name change or am I just imaging that?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 05:25:58 PM by Max Rockatansky »

Scott5114

• Nit picker of unprecedented pedantry

• Last Login: Today at 02:20:41 AM
    • Denexa 100% Plastic Playing Cards
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2021, 06:29:21 PM »

On what grounds do you think they should be locked? People are disagreeing with Crash_It's actions but they're offering constructive criticism about it for the most part.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

TheHighwayMan394

• Last Login: Today at 01:10:29 AM
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2021, 06:45:39 PM »

But yet, people are viewing the videos given there are some detailed analysis in replies.  The OP clearly is getting by on fielding low brow content and getting people to watch because of how bad/sensationalized it is.

It's probably all guilty pleasure trainwreck "oh, what did that darn Crash_It do this time?" It's the same reason people read FritzOwl's threads.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Flint1979

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2021, 06:52:49 PM »

What would Cra_shit do while driving on Gratiot Avenue?

Max Rockatansky

• Gribblenation
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2021, 06:53:09 PM »

It's probably all guilty pleasure trainwreck "oh, what did that darn Crash_It do this time?" It's the same reason people read FritzOwl's threads.

Maybe so, but Fritz is all fiction whereas this Cra_shIt guy is a literal danger to others on the road.  To me there is a big difference between threads like this and so bad it’s good atmosphere of a FritzOwl thread.

seicer

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 11:02:08 PM
    • Bridges & Tunnels
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2021, 06:55:20 PM »

Here's proof that the sign was changed

and proof that I won that court case:

I almost didn't win this though, the Assistant DA still wanted the citation to stay on my record, but I requested to go to the judge with the video and he dismissed it.

Neither videos are evidence of your court victories. Docket? Case information? You haven't provided anything other than anecdotal evidence.

Max Rockatansky

• Gribblenation
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2021, 06:55:53 PM »

Heh, first he would need to encounter another driver to actually piss off.  I would equally be amused to see how he would to negotiate a one lane Forest Service Road.  I have image in my head how the exchange would go if he encountered a situation where he or the other driver would have to back up. 

Flint1979

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2021, 06:57:30 PM »

Heh, first he would need to encounter another driver to actually piss off.  I would equally be amused to see how he would to negotiate a one lane Forest Service Road.  I have image in my head how the exchange would go if he encountered a situation where he or the other driver would have to back up.
Omg lol

Flint1979

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2021, 06:59:11 PM »

Would the traffic reporter on WJR say there's a Cra_shit on Gratiot?

Max Rockatansky

• Gribblenation
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2021, 07:07:00 PM »

Would the traffic reporter on WJR say there's a Cra_shit on Gratiot?

Gratiot is one thing but what about M-85?  We actually had a lot to say when I was on the Roadwaywiz webinar and has a got to M-85.  I would love to hear Cra_shIt’s take on the Crest Motel.   

jeffandnicole

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:52:41 PM
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2021, 07:34:50 PM »

For as much as he tries, he doesn't have too many subscribers to his channel. Very few likes on the videos. And an incredibly short temper.

Max Rockatansky

• Gribblenation
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2021, 07:45:34 PM »

For as much as he tries, he doesn't have too many subscribers to his channel. Very few likes on the videos. And an incredibly short temper.

Only one of his videos had over 100,000, none of the rest even come close to that mark.  By comparison Roadwaywiz and Interstate Kyle have several videos over 100,000 views and a gradual slope downwards. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.