Regional Boards > Canada

Canada to reopen borders to nonessential travel- first to Americans

<< < (54/66) > >>

US 41:

--- Quote from: andrepoiy on October 17, 2021, 06:00:08 PM ---Apparently I'd need a covid test to get back into Canada even after the border reopens... That kinda sucks because a travel covid test costs about $150 so it's kind of not worth it.

--- End quote ---

Until things are (hopefully) normal again, I don't see myself visiting Canada anytime soon. It basically seems as if you can go if you really want to, but that they make it difficult enough that you sort of know you aren't really welcome there, and to where it's just not worth it.

Mexico is as easy as ever to get into by land from what I've heard. Of course you have to wear a mask depending on where you are at, but that's not a big deal. I am hoping to make it south of the border later this winter.

jayhawkco:

--- Quote from: US 41 on November 10, 2021, 11:37:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: andrepoiy on October 17, 2021, 06:00:08 PM ---Apparently I'd need a covid test to get back into Canada even after the border reopens... That kinda sucks because a travel covid test costs about $150 so it's kind of not worth it.

--- End quote ---

Until things are (hopefully) normal again, I don't see myself visiting Canada anytime soon. It basically seems as if you can go if you really want to, but that they make it difficult enough that you sort of know you aren't really welcome there, and to where it's just not worth it.

Mexico is as easy as ever to get into by land from what I've heard. Of course you have to wear a mask depending on where you are at, but that's not a big deal. I am hoping to make it south of the border later this winter.

--- End quote ---

I found going across very easy and I felt 100% welcomed.  ArriveCan is a snap.  The individual provinces that required extra info (PEI and New Brunswick) were easy too.  Only real "headache" was making sure I had a Covid test less than 72 hours from me being in Canada.  I was just worried I wouldn't get the results in time, but part of that was my own routing where I was driving there from Philly and didn't know exactly what time I would get there, so I had to put a little buffer in.

At the border between Vermont and Quebec, I was actually at the border control station for less than 3 minutes, which is 100% a record for me entering Canada.

Chris

AsphaltPlanet:
Considering how easy it is to get a free covid test at a pharmacy in the US, I wouldn't really worry to much about visiting Canada.

I suspect that Canada is going to relax its testing requirements for vaccinated travelers in the coming weeks as well.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on November 10, 2021, 10:26:44 PM ---Considering how easy it is to get a free covid test at a pharmacy in the US, I wouldn't really worry to much about visiting Canada.

I suspect that Canada is going to relax its testing requirements for vaccinated travelers in the coming weeks as well.

--- End quote ---
Getting the test is easy.  Getting the results back in time for their 72-hour window does cause some nail-biting.

jakeroot:
Yeah, I can get a test done prior to going to Canada, and try to time it right. So far, no issue. But getting one while in Canada to get back in seems like a pain in the ass.

Speaking of which: I'm not required to get a COVID test to return to the US, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version