News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Saskatchewan Highways

Started by aridawn, March 13, 2013, 08:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmuzika

Quote from: vdeane on December 28, 2021, 08:37:30 PM
That's good, considering that this is the same province as Saskatoon.

What, not a fan of SK 11/TCH 16 signed on all of Circle Drive, with its "choose your own adventure" for traffic entering the city?? :)

I am curious how other jurisdictions would handle signing that layout. For example, would there be a technical gap in Hwys 11 & 16, and Circle Drive would be either Loop Hwy 11/16 or Loop ### (different number)? Or possibly 11 & 16 taking each side or the circle?

Alps

Quote from: dmuzika on January 03, 2022, 10:46:25 PM

What, not a fan of SK 11/TCH 16 signed on all of Circle Drive, with its "choose your own adventure" for traffic entering the city?? :)

I am curious how other jurisdictions would handle signing that layout. For example, would there be a technical gap in Hwys 11 & 16, and Circle Drive would be either Loop Hwy 11/16 or Loop ### (different number)? Or possibly 11 & 16 taking each side or the circle?
I think Loop 100 or 101 or the like (see MB) would be the best answer. With 11 going up through the city that would give western Circle Drive a number. I would then sign 11/16 around the east side of the loop and Business 11/16 up the middle.

dmuzika

Quote from: Alps on January 04, 2022, 11:07:16 AM
Quote from: dmuzika on January 03, 2022, 10:46:25 PM

I think Loop 100 or 101 or the like (see MB) would be the best answer. With 11 going up through the city that would give western Circle Drive a number. I would then sign 11/16 around the east side of the loop and Business 11/16 up the middle.

The 11/16 & 11/16 Business is similar to how it was done prior to the Gordie Howe Bridge/SW Circle Drive being constructed, where TCH 16 followed the eastern loop while Hwy 11 followed Circle Dr (south) and Idylwyld Drive through downtown. The province is working on the design of the Saskatoon Freeway, https://saskatoonfreeway.org/, Saskatoon's answer to the Regina Bypass, where a 3/4 outer loop would be constructed from Hwy 7 west to Hwy 11 south. If the Regina Bypass is any indication, Hwy 11/16 will probably be shifted to the outer perimeter if/when it's completed.

Stephane Dumas

I wonder if they have plans to convert the remaining of SK-905 between Black Lake and Points North Landing from a winter road to an all-season road?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.