Regional Boards > Mid-South

I-69 in TN

<< < (142/147) > >>

Thegeet:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on October 01, 2021, 09:55:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: hbelkins on October 01, 2021, 07:47:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: wriddle082 on October 01, 2021, 05:41:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: hbelkins on October 01, 2021, 11:17:41 AM ---If I'm not mistaken, the KY 222 bridge over I-65 was rebuilt as part of the I-65 widening at the Glendale exit. There's a project in Kentucky's six-year plan to rebuild the interchange yet again, with a new bridge to be built to the south of the existing one.

--- End quote ---

You bring something to light that just occurred to me.  The Tennessee Ernie Ford complex will be built along TN 222, and the Kentucky Ford complex will be built along KY 222.  Very odd coincidence!

--- End quote ---

FIFY.  :-D :-D :-D

--- End quote ---

what is it with AARoads members from Kentucky bringing up people named Ernie at inappropriate times

--- End quote ---
What’s wrong with Ernie?

I-39:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on October 01, 2021, 11:17:41 AM ---If I'm not mistaken, the KY 222 bridge over I-65 was rebuilt as part of the I-65 widening at the Glendale exit. There's a project in Kentucky's six-year plan to rebuild the interchange yet again, with a new bridge to be built to the south of the existing one.

That seems wasteful to me. The state has had an option (or owned outright) the land where the Ford facility is going to be built for years. They should have included the rebuild of the KY 222 interchange as part of the original I-65 widening.

--- End quote ---

It doesn’t look like the TN 222 interchange was rebuilt, if Google street view is any indication. The bridge looks old.

Chrysler375Freeway:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on July 21, 2021, 01:18:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on July 19, 2021, 01:50:58 PM ---Maybe this has been covered before, but what will happen to the western side of I-240 when I-69 is completed in Tennessee?  I imagine it will be treated like I-635 was when I-20 was routed on it's southern leg.  If so, is there another instance when a full beltway 3DI had multiple sections of it's route re-numbered for a main route of multiple 2DIs, making the 3DI a shell of it's former self?

--- End quote ---

Funnily enough something similar happened to another I-240, the one in Oklahoma City—it once was a ¾ beltway around OKC, but the west and north legs got renumbered to I-44 in 1982.

--- End quote ---
Speaking of that, I-240's designation will be extended to become a full beltway following:
I-44
SR 152
John Kilpatrick Tpk.
I-44 (I-35 to Kickapoo Tpk. section)
Kickapoo Tpk.
I-40
It's a continuous route, but it requires multiple overlaps with the state highway system.

wriddle082:

--- Quote from: I-39 on October 06, 2021, 10:22:45 PM ---

That seems wasteful to me. The state has had an option (or owned outright) the land where the Ford facility is going to be built for years. They should have included the rebuild of the KY 222 interchange as part of the original I-65 widening.

--- End quote ---

It doesn’t look like the TN 222 interchange was rebuilt, if Google street view is any indication. The bridge looks old.

--- End quote ---

Yes I believe the bridge is original, but it’s always looked decent, meaning that it may have been reconditioned at some point in time.  Probably in the 80’s because I don’t remember it being done.  And the ramps at that I-40 diamond interchange are much longer than you would expect to see on a circa early-60’s Tennessee freeway.  Now I’m wondering if the ramps were added in the 80’s at the same time the bridge was theoretically reconditioned…

Scott5114:

--- Quote from: Chrysler375Freeway on October 23, 2021, 01:57:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: Scott5114 on July 21, 2021, 01:18:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on July 19, 2021, 01:50:58 PM ---Maybe this has been covered before, but what will happen to the western side of I-240 when I-69 is completed in Tennessee?  I imagine it will be treated like I-635 was when I-20 was routed on it's southern leg.  If so, is there another instance when a full beltway 3DI had multiple sections of it's route re-numbered for a main route of multiple 2DIs, making the 3DI a shell of it's former self?

--- End quote ---

Funnily enough something similar happened to another I-240, the one in Oklahoma City—it once was a ¾ beltway around OKC, but the west and north legs got renumbered to I-44 in 1982.

--- End quote ---
Speaking of that, I-240's designation will be extended to become a full beltway following:
I-44
SR 152
John Kilpatrick Tpk.
I-44 (I-35 to Kickapoo Tpk. section)
Kickapoo Tpk.
I-40
It's a continuous route, but it requires multiple overlaps with the state highway system.

--- End quote ---

I know, I watched the Transportation Commission approve it live (and posted here less than a minute after the vote). :P But it wasn't relevant to the point I was making.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version