Regional Boards > Mid-South

I-69 in TN

<< < (145/147) > >>

sprjus4:
^ The Troy to Union City stretch is the only portion of Fulton to Dyersburg thatís not already up to full interstate standards.

abqtraveler:

--- Quote from: sprjus4 on December 06, 2021, 03:38:39 PM ---^ The Troy to Union City stretch is the only portion of Fulton to Dyersburg thatís not already up to full interstate standards.

--- End quote ---
Only the Union City Bypass is under construction at this time. TDOT will start construction on the Troy Bypass after the Union City stretch is done, but there's no timeline for that yet.

edwaleni:
I checked the Google Earth this AM and noticed many road closures that followed the route of that tornado that traveled over 200 miles.

Road closures started west and in Hayti MO in the bootheel across Tenn and KY on the west ends,

Appears it crossed I-69 west of Mayfield around 10:30PM last night and then went and destroyed the town.

I-69 is still showing as shutdown from Mayfield back to Benton due to overturned trucks and debris.

Other road closures along I-69 includes Cambridge Springs, Princeton, Dawson Springs, south of Madisonville where they are still cleaning up the aftermath on I-69. On to Bremen, Hartford.

You could almost calls this the "I-69 tornado"

ilpt4u:

--- Quote from: edwaleni on December 11, 2021, 05:38:33 PM ---I checked the Google Earth this AM and noticed many road closures that followed the route of that tornado that traveled over 200 miles.

Road closures started west and in Hayti MO in the bootheel across Tenn and KY on the west ends,

Appears it crossed I-69 west of Mayfield around 10:30PM last night and then went and destroyed the town.

I-69 is still showing as shutdown from Mayfield back to Benton due to overturned trucks and debris.

Other road closures along I-69 includes Cambridge Springs, Princeton, Dawson Springs, south of Madisonville where they are still cleaning up the aftermath on I-69. On to Bremen, Hartford.

--- End quote ---
Probably a better fit as part of the thread on the tornado on the Weather board: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=30668.0

FWIW, I had that thought, too, watching the news coverage last night on WPSD

edwaleni:

--- Quote from: ilpt4u on December 11, 2021, 05:45:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: edwaleni on December 11, 2021, 05:38:33 PM ---I checked the Google Earth this AM and noticed many road closures that followed the route of that tornado that traveled over 200 miles.

--- End quote ---
Probably a better fit as part of the thread on the tornado on the Weather board: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=30668.0

FWIW, I had that thought, too, watching the news coverage last night on WPSD

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip. I was looking to see where the most appropriate spot was. Now I see road closures going back all the way to just east of Jonesboro AR. This was a bad one for sure.

I will post over there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version