AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Milwaukee area freeways  (Read 130371 times)

triplemultiplex

• "You read it; you can't unread it!"

• Last Login: May 20, 2022, 05:15:37 PM
Re: Milwaukee area freeways
« Reply #350 on: August 19, 2021, 11:25:50 AM »

The new Highland Rd interchange won't need much r/w due to its tight-diamond design:

No existing structures are affected.

The rest of the project is pretty much within the existing r/w.  Only along the east side of Port Washington Road just north of the railroad overpass are there a cluster of properties acquired.
https://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/projects/by-region/se/43n-s-corridor/2020materials/maps/port-washington3.pdf

They even managed to squeeze in the new ramps at County Line Rd/Port Washington Rd within the existing right of way.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

dvferyance

• Last Login: May 20, 2022, 10:05:54 PM
« Reply #351 on: August 19, 2021, 04:18:50 PM »

Nothing's logical with WisDOT.
The Elm Rd interchange itself is not logical. I don't get what purpose it would serve. Elm Rd ends just to the west at 27th street and just to the east at 13th street. There is nothing of major significance on either side that would warrant an interchange. If Elm Rd went farther east to Howell Ave I would get it as there is a new industrial park being built there.

There's quite a number of businesses along 27th Street that likely counted on access that the original exit used to provide.  And that area has been growing more and more.  Having an interchange between 7 Mile Road and Ryan Road makes sense and putting one at Oakwood wasn't going to be easy.
Using Seven Mile Road interchange would have worked just fine.

SEWIGuy

• Notice: US-2 is not an interstate worthy corridor

• Last Login: Today at 05:12:54 PM
« Reply #352 on: August 19, 2021, 04:26:16 PM »

Nothing's logical with WisDOT.
The Elm Rd interchange itself is not logical. I don't get what purpose it would serve. Elm Rd ends just to the west at 27th street and just to the east at 13th street. There is nothing of major significance on either side that would warrant an interchange. If Elm Rd went farther east to Howell Ave I would get it as there is a new industrial park being built there.

There's quite a number of businesses along 27th Street that likely counted on access that the original exit used to provide.  And that area has been growing more and more.  Having an interchange between 7 Mile Road and Ryan Road makes sense and putting one at Oakwood wasn't going to be easy.
Using Seven Mile Road interchange would have worked just fine.

Not really.

jhuntin1

• Last Login: May 20, 2022, 02:38:02 PM
« Reply #353 on: August 19, 2021, 04:31:16 PM »

Thanks for posting that, 3MX. I was thinking more of the area between Silver Spring and Good Hope Road. With Nicolet High School on the west and Port Washington Road running closely alongside on the east, it looks like it will be tough to squeeze in a third lane in each direction within the existing ROW.

thspfc

• I-180 in Wyoming >>>>> I-70 in Colorado

• Last Login: Today at 01:43:41 PM
« Reply #354 on: August 19, 2021, 08:16:19 PM »

I've always thought that there should be a half interchange (SB I-43 exit and NB I-43 entrance) at Bender Road to take some of the load off the Silver Spring interchange. Not going to happen though.
Whether a team makes the playoffs isn't comparable to whether they are above .500. Part of making the playoffs is getting the wins when you need them to get in, which Brady/Belichick always found a way to do. That's skill. Being above .500 or below .500 is just however things shake out. That's luck.

The Ghostbuster

• Last Login: Today at 02:01:27 PM
« Reply #355 on: August 20, 2021, 08:13:27 PM »

I'm not sure there is enough space at Bender Rd. to put an interchange there, given N. Port Washington Rd. and N. Jean Nicolet Rd. flank the freeway on both sides. Moving those roads further away from Interstate 43 to build an interchange would require significant condemning of property, and likely loud protests of opposition. So putting an interchange at Bender is a dream deferred.

peterj920

• Last Login: May 11, 2022, 08:15:21 PM
« Reply #356 on: August 26, 2021, 09:33:09 PM »

I'm glad this project is underway. Hopefully the Interstate 94 reconstruction project between 70th St. and 16th St. will soon follow (it was enumerated in 2020).

The I-94 project was not enumerated. Itís being studied as a potential major project. The two projects that were are the I-39/I-90/I-94 Wisconsin River Bridge and a US 51 rebuild between I-39/I-90 and The Madison Beltline. The rebuild is 2 lanes with intersection improvements and is probably the least exciting majors project that WISDOT has enumerated.

triplemultiplex

• "You read it; you can't unread it!"

• Last Login: May 20, 2022, 05:15:37 PM
« Reply #357 on: August 28, 2021, 11:39:40 AM »

Thanks for posting that, 3MX. I was thinking more of the area between Silver Spring and Good Hope Road. With Nicolet High School on the west and Port Washington Road running closely alongside on the east, it looks like it will be tough to squeeze in a third lane in each direction within the existing ROW.

They are taking some homes to expand Port Washington Road and give the freeway a little more room for 6 lanes:
https://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/projects/by-region/se/43n-s-corridor/2020materials/maps/port-washington3.pdf
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

hobsini2

• Last Login: May 20, 2022, 04:29:52 PM
« Reply #358 on: September 06, 2021, 05:21:54 PM »

Aside from the expansion to 6 lanes and the new Highland Rd interchange, I really like that they are going to make Hwy 100 Brown Deer Rd a DDI. Makes a ton of sense.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.