Regional Boards > Canada

Ontario's Highways

<< < (255/258) > >>

mrsman:

--- Quote from: cbeach40 on October 07, 2021, 11:29:08 AM ---In terms of number of skyscrapers 150m+ NYC has 4x as many as Toronto, which makes sense given the respective populations. @mrsman's comment about it being a linear corridor is fairly accurate as along the Yonge Street subway line, though there are still plenty around other transportation hubs/corridors.

Either way, Toronto's skyline is pretty impressive these days, and it's astonishing how much it's grown recently.

--- End quote ---

I'm trying to find as good a vantage point for NYC, thru GSV.  It is hard to capture both Midtown and Downtown in one shot.  Another issue that probably impacts Manhattan is that the "Valley" (between Canal and 14th) doesn't have many tall buildings at all.  Kind of view them as being separate high rise CBDs.

I'll ask around on the Northeast Roads forum.  I'm sure someone there has a good impressive photograph of Manhattan's skyline as viewed from a highway.

AsphaltPlanet:
There's a view that doesn't suck from the New Jersey Turnpike, but I don't recall if it's both Downtown and Midtown.  The location I am thinking of might just be Midtown

Alps:

--- Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on October 10, 2021, 11:09:15 PM ---There's a view that doesn't suck from the New Jersey Turnpike, but I don't recall if it's both Downtown and Midtown.  The location I am thinking of might just be Midtown

--- End quote ---
There's a thread open on the Northeast forum now so please go there (:

Transportfan:

--- Quote from: andrepoiy on September 27, 2021, 07:24:33 PM ---condos condos condos from North York Centre to Downtown.

Toronto still sprawls like crazy though despite that

--- End quote ---

Not really surprising. The biggest cities tend to have both the most impressive skylines and the most sprawl. It actually goes together and is to be expected when you think about it.

AsphaltPlanet:
Evening view looking southerly from the King Road overpass along the 400.  The northbound HOV still has yet to open to traffic:

http://www.asphaltplanet.ca/ON/hwy_400_images/400_cl_43_south_SB_night_Nov21_24x16.jpg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version