News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Illinois interesting bid annoucements

Started by Revive 755, June 05, 2013, 10:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash_It

Quote from: Brandon on April 04, 2022, 07:36:24 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on April 03, 2022, 08:32:44 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on April 03, 2022, 03:59:04 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on April 02, 2022, 11:41:18 PM
WIS32 and WIS31 are both STOPSTOPSTOPSTOP

You do realize these are urban surface arterials, right? I don't expect to drive on those kinds of roads without having a few red lights. I mean, just by the frequency of lights, Chicago is STOPSTOPSTOPSTOP too. The freeways in Chicago are also STOPSTOPSTOPSTOP, which is even more aggravating. Milwaukee at least spends money to improve theirs in ways that makes theirs suck less than Chicago's.

Says the person from a state that also has traffic backups in it's major cities as well (experienced that first hand last summer).  Milwaukee has traffic backup as well too and that's also with 41/894 in bad condition. Guess you haven't seen the progress of the Jane Byrne interchange. When it's completed this fall, it'll relieve most of if not all of the congestion.

Like hell it will.  The Circle has sucked, sucked, and will suck even with the rebuild.  Funny that you call I-894 in bad condition when I saw multiple vehicles with flat tires due to potholes on the shoulder of I-55 between Weber and US-30 Friday evening.  I-894 is damn smooth compared to that POS.

How will it suck? The through lanes will be separated from the exits and onramps which were known choking  points. It'll probably still be a bit backed up but not as bad as it is now. Every major city has backups especially in it's business district.  That section of 55 will be resurfaced this year, don't know if WI is planning the same for 894.

SSOWorld

Crash_It - here is your offical source of information for project. if you don't want to believe the truth, fine.  Don't impose your false theories and road rage on us unless you have credible sources to back it up.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: Crash_It on April 04, 2022, 10:43:52 PM
That section of 55 will be resurfaced this year, don't know if WI is planning the same for 894.

43/894 resurfacing scheduled for next year.
https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/se/894-43/default.aspx
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

paulthemapguy

Quote from: Brandon on April 04, 2022, 07:36:24 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on April 03, 2022, 08:32:44 PM
Says the person from a state that also has traffic backups in it's major cities as well (experienced that first hand last summer).  Milwaukee has traffic backup as well too and that's also with 41/894 in bad condition. Guess you haven't seen the progress of the Jane Byrne interchange. When it's completed this fall, it'll relieve most of if not all of the congestion.

Like hell it will.  The Circle has sucked, sucked, and will suck even with the rebuild.  Funny that you call I-894 in bad condition when I saw multiple vehicles with flat tires due to potholes on the shoulder of I-55 between Weber and US-30 Friday evening.  I-894 is damn smooth compared to that POS.

To add to this, everyone at my job was late to work yesterday, because most of the eastbound carriageway of I-80 across the Des Plaines River was closed for emergency repairs.  Nobody could move for a while.

Also yes, I-55 is slated for a resurfacing from I-80 to Weber Road this year.  Some signs and barricades are already starting to appear.  I worry, though, that the resurfacing might not be enough given the extensive damage.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Flint1979

Doesn't matter what you do to the Circle Interchange it's still going to suck. Chicago traffic sucks.

Hobart

So, very dumb question that's rather tightly related to the thread.

How often does IDOT normally drop bid announcements? Is there a recurring schedule or something, or is it random?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

JoePCool14

Quote from: Hobart on April 24, 2022, 02:23:28 PM

How often does IDOT normally drop bid announcements? Is there a recurring schedule or something, or is it random?

Based on Revive 755's consistent postings, it seems like they drop about every other month, but not exactly on the same date.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Rick Powell

Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 24, 2022, 04:00:56 PM

Based on Revive 755's consistent postings, it seems like they drop about every other month, but not exactly on the same date.

January, March, April, June, end of June/beginning of August, September and November are the usual bid letting months. There are occasional special lettings with a few items on them.

SSOWorld

Unlocked - on-topic posts only.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Revive 755

The schedules available at https://webapps.dot.illinois.gov/WCTB/LbLettingSchedule?page=1.

Revive 755

List of projects for the June 17, 2022 Letting is up

* Item 5 appears to be bridge deck work at the US 41 interchange with Washington Street near Gurnee

* Item 6 is expansion join and approach slab work for I-290 at IL 83

* Item 15 is intersection improvements for US 30 at Emerson Road in Whiteside County

* Item 19 is a bunch of traffic signal cabinet work at intersections with a railroad interconnect in District 2

* Item 36 has 36.2 miles of patching and shoulder work for I-39 in LaSalle County

* Item 54 is light pole replacement and new LED luminaires at the Prospect Street and Neil Avenue interchange with I-74 in Champaign

* Item 75 is traffic signal work at six intersections with railroad interconnects in District 7

* Item 84 is traffic signal modernization for two intersections on IL 157 in Cahokia and three intersections on IL 3 in Alton and Wood River

* Item 89 is some sort of intersection improvements "at the IL 13 / 127" with resurfacing to the railroad overpass at the south edge of Pickneyville

* Item 97 appears to be cabinet replacement for traffic signals with a railroad interconnect "in Carbondale, Herrin and Anna."

* Item 110 (already deleted) looks like it might have been setting up temporary staging for future work on I-80 "from E of Ridge Road to E of River Road in Villages of Minooka and Shorewood and Troy Township

* Item 137 is traffic signal work along Troy Road (Old IL 159) from IL 159 to Montclaire Avenue in Glen Carbon and Edwardsville

* Item 188 improves the I-55 interchange with US 52

* Item 205 is a trombone mast arm replacement project for various locations in Cook and DuPage Counties.

* Item 206 is an intersection project for IL 50 at Armour Road in the Kankakee area

* Item 208 seems to be a mix of bridge replacements, bridge patching, and pavement patching for I-80 through Joliet.

* Item 209 seems to be improvements around the Rand Road - Central Road - Mount Prospect Road triangle in Mount Prospect

* Item 220 appears to be a rebid of rehabbing equipment for the Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes

* Item 227 is adding right turn lanes at the IL 3 intersection with Queeny Avenue in Sauget

* Item 232 appears to be adding auxiliary lanes and more work for redoing the IL 59 interchange on I-55

cwm1276

Item 152 looks to be adding weight in motion to southbound I39 just south of Illinois 64.  I wonder if that may lead to upgrades of the old truck pull off into an inspection area?  Seems like a truck could requested to pull off after the WIM at the old pull off.

PickupMan

Item 52, the work the intersection of US 30 and Emerson Rd (Old Lincoln Highway) is waaay overdue. It was the scene of a controversial accident, where a sheriff's deputy, turned in front of an oncoming motorcyclist. Killed the cyclist. Cop didn't have his lights on. The cop was EB on 30, and used the WB Emerson Rd turning lane, which is a very obtuse angle. Yes, it's using the opposing lane and illegal, at least for non-law enforcement types. It straightens the turn, providing no oncoming traffic from both roads. A "Do Not Enter" sign was not posted to protect the lane UNTIL after the accident. As it is, It would have been nice for the new construction to have a merging lane onto WB 30 so that the right-hand turning traffic doesn't have to come to a complete stop. This is the main route from Sterling to Morrison and Clinton. Shaving a minute off would have been great.

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: PickupMan on May 14, 2022, 11:08:38 AM
Item 52, the work the intersection of US 30 and Emerson Rd (Old Lincoln Highway) is waaay overdue. It was the scene of a controversial accident, where a sheriff's deputy, turned in front of an oncoming motorcyclist. Killed the cyclist. Cop didn't have his lights on. The cop was EB on 30, and used the WB Emerson Rd turning lane, which is a very obtuse angle. Yes, it's using the opposing lane and illegal, at least for non-law enforcement types. It straightens the turn, providing no oncoming traffic from both roads. A "Do Not Enter" sign was not posted to protect the lane UNTIL after the accident. As it is, It would have been nice for the new construction to have a merging lane onto WB 30 so that the right-hand turning traffic doesn't have to come to a complete stop. This is the main route from Sterling to Morrison and Clinton. Shaving a minute off would have been great.

It's now listed as item 15, I believe, and for others who are curious, the location is here.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

When the 4 lane EIS was dropped a report unmade some suggestions. This intersection was one as we're some improvements in Morrison and passing lanes of volume increases. Btw similar to what Iowa concluded.

JoePCool14

Item 1 calls for resurfacing and shoulders for Shermer Rd in Northbrook and Glenview. I'm not sure why IDOT still maintains that section of road, I really think it should be turned over to local control, but this is sorely overdue. That road segment has lots of truck traffic, including trucks that sit off to the side on the shoulder which can make passage tight. Combined with the lack/degradation of shoulders, this road felt very insufficient. Happy to see it will finally be given some proper attention.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

ET21

Item 209 will be a doozy, nasty intersection during rush hour
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Lyon Wonder

Workers who make materials for highway projects in Illinois are going on strike.

https://local150.org/mpstrike/

Revive 755

Apparently there is an additional letting this year scheduled for July 15.  Of note:

* Item 1 is replacement of the I-270 Chain of Rocks Main Channel Bridge.

* Item 3 is resurfacing and related work for US 20 in Marengo

* Item 7 is bridge beam repairs for IL 171 near I-55

* Item 11 is lighting work for the I-80/IL 47 interchange

Revive 755

List of projects for the August 5, 2022 Letting is up.

* Item 4 is reconstruction of Bell Road from 159th to 151st.

* Item 20 signalizes the VFW Road/14th Street intersection on the south side of Pekin.

* Item 32:  "Installation of dynamic message signs on I-270 at the Chain of Rocks Canal Bridge and on IL 255 north of I-270."

Hobart

Quote from: Revive 755 on July 07, 2022, 10:53:12 PM

* Item 20 signalizes the VFW Road/14th Street intersection on the south side of Pekin.

* Item 32:  "Installation of dynamic message signs on I-270 at the Chain of Rocks Canal Bridge and on IL 255 north of I-270."

Bell Road is a state highway?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Revive 755

paulthemapguy

All of Bell Road from the 143rd St. area south to IL-7 is slated for reconstruction by way of three separate contracts. It's definitely a Will County highway; the adjoining section in Cook County is also a county highway.

And even though Google doesn't show it, VFW Road now carries Illinois Route 9 as a southern bypass around town.  So this intersection could be identified as Illinois Route 9/VFW Road at 14th Street.

Alps

Quote from: Hobart on July 10, 2022, 09:48:18 PM

Bell Road is a state highway?
With the answers above - does Illinois have unnumbered state maintained roads at all? A few states do that...

paulthemapguy

Quote from: Alps on July 11, 2022, 12:25:40 AM
With the answers above - does Illinois have unnumbered state maintained roads at all? A few states do that...

Illinois has a lot of them-- a lot of them are old alignments of state highways and frontage roads along the expressways.  Look at this example map of Will County-- the green lines are state-maintained roads.  Note that not all of the green has a numbered designation. Richards Street, Old Chicago Road, New Avenue, Manhattan-Monee Road, and Arsenal Road's western extent are just some examples of state-maintained local roads.  I think Bell Road MAY have a state-maintained section further north in Cook County, near IL-171. https://willcountyillinois.com/County-Offices/Economic-Development/Division-of-Transportation/Highway-System-Construction-Projects/FileId/33870

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.