News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Existing Grand Parkway segment to be upgraded

Started by Marc, August 21, 2011, 12:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

A few days ago on my way to work in Sugar Land, I noticed crews had started to level off the land in the median of Texas SH 99 "Grand Parkway". Upon research and asking a few people, I discovered TxDOT is finally planning on upgrading the existing segments to a tolled limited access roadway from Franz Rd. in Katy (existing northern terminus) to U.S. 59 in Sugar Land (existing southern terminus). As a commuter on the road everyday, I can tell you that this is much needed. Project is expected to take three years.

Here's some more info on the project:
http://www.grandpky.com/segments/d/

On a side but related note, the fly-over ramps at I-10 and SH 99 are coming along very nicely. The deck has been poured on about 1/3 of both of the bridges (westbound-southbound and northbound-eastbound)–the two bridges that are most needed and are being completed first.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.