News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

St. Louis Road Meet - March 15, 2014 at 11 AM

Started by kharvey10, October 17, 2013, 11:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kharvey10

There is some preliminary plans up on the St. Louis Roads facebook group, and over the next two weekends some of the key details will be hammered out.  The focus will be the new I-70 bridge over the Mississippi River (which locals are now calling the Stan Span), there is other construction.  Other points of interest that will be possibly talked about is I-64 and I-70 across the Missouri River, MO 364 Phase 3 construction, and maybe I-57 in Mt. Vernon/Marion area. 

MoDOT has set the opening date for February 9 with ceremonies on February 8. 

Due to work schedules putting me on the midnight shifts that weekend and the ASA umpire-related stuff the following two weekends, the date of the roadgeek meet has been set for March 15 at 11 AM.  RSVP deadline is set for midnight CDT on March 10 - you may RSVP by either the Facebook event post, text message (cell phone is on the related file on the St. Louis Roads group), private message on this site, or Facebook private message.  The RSVP deadline is set due in part that we are going with a catered meal for the luncheon this year and need a head count to tell the restaurant on March 11.  The possible menu has also been posted to the facebook group - we need input on which meat and which side to go with.

https://www.facebook.com/events/607250339312398

MEET Info

March 15, 11 AM at Pappy's Smokehouse in St. Louis 3106 Olive Street, St. Louis 63103
(We have reserved their private room and going with their catering)

We will have lunch first, then go visit the sites.

Tentative schedule and ilternary as of 2/18

Brandon

I'm open to any of the dates, but chose March 15 as it should be less likely to have snow and ice.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

hbelkins

Totally dependent on finances. Maybe I'll win the lottery between now and then. No raises in six years means I'll be much less likely to attend any meets that require lengthy travel and/or overnight stays.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jpi

I am leaning toward March 15 myself, the next day is when the local diecast car club has a swap meet in St Louis so I can set up there too (like I did back in December) Also the weekend before should be good for me too because the "other" toy show held in Bridgeton I think is that Sunday too. Either way I should be able to attend since it's an easy drive up from Nashville, TN
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

corco

I should know for sure whether or not I can get the time off necessary to attend the NYC meet by the time this meet is on. If I do that, that'll eat both my budget and available vacation time for any trips more than two days long for next year, since that'd be a 20 day roadtrip. If I can't, I'll probably attend this and Starved Rock. I'm not voting since I'm 75% sure I'll be going to NYC, but if I can make it either President's Day weekend (Feb 15) or the last couple weekends (longer days, better roads) would be optimal. Or if I can't get all the time off but can get some of the time off to attend NYC and then fly out and take a 10 day trip instead, I'd probably attend that and either this or Starved Rock. I'd rather do Starved Rock from a location perspective, but from a spacing out trips perspective this is better.

getemngo

March 8 works best with my school schedule, but I won't complain if I don't get my way.

This will be hard to pull off financially, as it's easily farther than I've ever traveled for a meet, and I'd need to find somebody to split lodging with. It will also probably be the last long trip I take in my current car. But it sounds like a great adventure in a city I've never seen!
~ Sam from Michigan

A.J. Bertin

I really want to attend this meet. My preference would be one of the later dates in March (I voted for March 22) just because that means there will be less of a chance for bad weather for those of us driving from farther away.
-A.J. from Michigan

kharvey10

MoDOT has just set the opening date for February 9, which means the roadgeek meet will likely be either March 8 or 15.  I will more than likely be working nights in February which will rule out the remaining possible February date, and the majority of the people are favoring the March dates anyway.

codyg1985

Either one works for me. You should go ahead and set up an event on Facebook, Kim.  :bigass:
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

jpi

I am ok with both March dates, there is a toy show on both Sundays :-) Looks like March 29 should be good for my meet then. I will put out a facebook announcment after the first of the year :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Laura

As long as we both can get the Friday before the meet off of work, then Mike and I will come out to this meet. Either March 8th or 15th is fine. We have never traveled this far for a meet before, but think it would be doable as long as we left Baltimore Thursday evening and left St. Louis Saturday evening.

jpi

Sweet! Steph may be able to come with me on this trip too :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

kharvey10

It is leaning more towards the 15th,  I will be trying to get some of the details squared away tomorrow. 

US71

I'm likely out. I have 2 shows im March with about 5 days between to resort and repack.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

jpi

15th works out good for me, local diecast club will have there monthly show that Sunday morning. :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Molandfreak

The 15th is the only day I have a shot at coming, being spring break. It'll be complicated, though, since that's also my birthday. :)
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Laura

Quote from: Molandfreak on December 20, 2013, 12:25:02 AM
The 15th is the only day I have a shot at coming, being spring break. It'll be complicated, though, since that's also my birthday. :)

Birthday road meets are so much fun! Definitely come! My birthday weekend fell on a road meet this year (Brick/Wall, NJ) and will this coming year (NYC National Meet).

kharvey10

A.J. Bertin

I'm going to plan on attending this. I'm not Facebook friends with Kim, so I'll need one of my mutual Facebook friends to invite me so I can RSVP there. :)
-A.J. from Michigan

jpi

Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

hbelkins

If I am able to attend, I will either RSVP here or privately to Kim since I don't accept Facebook event invitations other than to say "maybe."

As I've said before, totally dependent on finances and I will quite likely have to decide between this one and Nashville and probably Hampton Roads if that's where Froggie ends up doing his meet -- if I am able to attend any meets at all this year.

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on December 30, 2013, 10:16:29 AM
I'm going to plan on attending this. I'm not Facebook friends with Kim, so I'll need one of my mutual Facebook friends to invite me so I can RSVP there. :)

A.J., I attempted to do so, but it looks like she's created the event for the St. Louis Roads FB group, which you aren't a member of, so I couldn't.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

corco

I'm comfortable saying I'll be at this meet. Depending on scheduling it's possible I'll be a little bit tired the morning of the meet from driving a good chunk of the night, but, hey, roadmeet and barbeque.

Brandon

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on December 30, 2013, 10:16:29 AM

One of us will do so.  I plan on attending. :)

Quote from: corco on December 30, 2013, 02:48:42 PM
I'm comfortable saying I'll be at this meet. Depending on scheduling it's possible I'll be a little bit tired the morning of the meet from driving a good chunk of the night, but, hey, roadmeet and barbeque.

It'll be good to meet you then.  :cool:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

jpi

I am going to try to take the day before off from work (Friday) then Steph and I will drive up after she gets off work Friday evening since it's only 5 and a half hours and I don't need to make any side trips.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.