News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

3rd annual "impromptu" Saratoga Springs, NY dinner - March 9

Started by froggie, March 03, 2018, 06:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

It's that time of the year again, where my annual weather conference is in Saratoga Springs, NY and I have Friday evening available for dinner.  This is mainly for the "usual suspects" in the Capital Region, but open to anyone who might find themselves in Saratoga Springs next Friday evening.

Alps

As usual I will find myself interested and needing to see how the week goes.

vdeane

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

cl94

Quote from: Alps on March 03, 2018, 02:54:44 PM

Ditto. May need to stay late at the office that night to finish stuff before I head off to the LA meet, but if I don't have to, I'm always up for a roadgeek gathering. Been what, 2.5 months since the last meet?  :-D
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Alps

Quote from: cl94 on March 03, 2018, 06:32:33 PM
Quote from: Alps on March 03, 2018, 02:54:44 PM

Ditto. May need to stay late at the office that night to finish stuff before I head off to the LA meet, but if I don't have to, I'm always up for a roadgeek gathering. Been what, 2.5 months since the last meet?  :-D
*shrug* I just had a meet last weekend.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

froggie

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Alps

A dinner venue has been suggested as being needed due to closure of the previous. Braeburn Tavern would appear to be a worthy substitute.

kalvado

froggie

^ They never fill up. 😌

My hotel spontaneously changed last night, so I'm a bit further away from downtown than I had been previously, and as with years past I'd prefer to not move my car once I get into town.  For this reason, I'd like to suggest El Mexicano (208 S. Broadway).

Alps

I'm out. With tomorrow being a likely snowbound day, I won't be as productive and can't build up enough hours to leave early Friday.

cl94

I'm likely out as well. I expect my PM meetings tomorrow to be rescheduled to Friday PM.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

froggie

kalvado

vdeane

Quote from: froggie on March 08, 2018, 02:17:49 PM
So who's still available?
I can be available, if this is still on.  Looks like just you, me, and kalvado though.  Surprised Doug or Mark haven't said anything either way.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Alps

Quote from: vdeane on March 08, 2018, 09:08:56 PM
Quote from: froggie on March 08, 2018, 02:17:49 PM
So who's still available?
I can be available, if this is still on.  Looks like just you, me, and kalvado though.  Surprised Doug or Mark haven't said anything either way.
Doug is out with a curling finale. I've been entertaining the possibility of coming up though. Later is going to be better for me. I don't see a time here - 7? 7:30?

froggie

After conversing with Doug, I'm going to change this from a Friday dinner to a Sunday lunch before I head back north(east).  Time TBD (depends on the late morning sessions and what I want to skip) but will probably be noon-ish.  Location will most likely be one of the chains near Exit 15.

baugh17

I may be game if it's for Sunday lunch.

Quote from: froggie on March 08, 2018, 10:47:05 PM
After conversing with Doug, I'm going to change this from a Friday dinner to a Sunday lunch before I head back north(east).  Time TBD (depends on the late morning sessions and what I want to skip) but will probably be noon-ish.  Location will most likely be one of the chains near Exit 15.

Alps

At least how about Hattie's Chicken Shack, instead of a chain?

Dougtone

Quote from: Alps on March 08, 2018, 11:31:13 PM
At least how about Hattie's Chicken Shack, instead of a chain?

I will second the recommendation for Hattie's Chicken Shack. It's a local gem and they even threw down against Bobby Flay once.

vdeane

Sunday is a less convenient day for me, especially on short notice (and DST), but I think it'll work.  I'll make a judgement call tomorrow.  Noon or 12:30 would be best.

kalvado

Sunday noon?
We'll see, but I'm likely to pass on that..

vdeane

I'm good for tomorrow.  What time should we all meet at Hattie's Chicken Shack (I'm assuming the one on NY 50, not the full Hattie's Restaurant down on Phila Street)?

Dougtone

Quote from: vdeane on March 10, 2018, 03:39:18 PM
I'm good for tomorrow.  What time should we all meet at Hattie's Chicken Shack (I'm assuming the one on NY 50, not the full Hattie's Restaurant down on Phila Street)?

Yes, the Hattie's on NY 50. I've been there before and can vouch that it would work well for all. I would say noon at this point for lunch, but still waiting on Adam's confirmation for the specific time (I'm assuming that he has been at sessions and workshops all day).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.