News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Multiple OKC-area highways, turnpikes to be designated as interstates

Started by thisdj78, March 08, 2024, 11:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 10, 2024, 03:59:32 AM
One thing we can all agree on, however, is that whatever is happening here makes a hell of a lot more sense than whatever is going on with I-27 now.
I won't be satisfied until there's I-27A thru Z.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

thisdj78

vdeane

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 10, 2024, 12:58:57 AM
Quote from: Bobby5280 on March 09, 2024, 08:11:45 PM
This notion of 3-digit routes beginning in 3 is a "system" that could only work on the state highway level. It is absolutely stupid to insist on it with Interstate named routes.

Well, yeah, but it needed to be said to prevent the endless parade of "it should be an even first digit instead". Nobody gives a damn about that rule in any other state (see: the other I-335), so if OTA has an actual reason they'd prefer a 3 there, that's good enough for me.

Trying to make the rejected I-42 a 3di starting in 3 would be asinine, but I don't think anyone ever actually proposed that.
I don't particularly care if I-344 is odd or even, but I don't like it and I-240 ending at each other like that.  If the I-240 extension were part of I-344 (minus the I-44 overlap, of course), I wouldn't care.  Lord knows NY has enough 3dis that would switch the odd/even numbering if we cared to strictly follow that rule.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Scott5114

I'd be willing to bet the plan is for I-344 to be extended south of I-240 in the future along the new toll road planned to run west of the airport. (See the map at https://www.accessoklahoma.com/ , but you have to open it in Chromium, thanks to the usual OTA ineptitude.)

As I have done the last 11,638 times people have brought this up, I also implore people to actually look at the Kilpatrick/SH-152 interchange in GSV, since the SH-152→Kilpatrick ramps don't look as much of a through movement as people seem to think they are—you're basically arguing for a TOTSO here.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Rothman

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 10, 2024, 03:41:06 PM
I'd be willing to bet the plan is for I-344 to be extended south of I-240 in the future along the new toll road planned to run west of the airport. (See the map at https://www.accessoklahoma.com/ , but you have to open it in Chromium, thanks to the usual OTA ineptitude.)

As I have done the last 11,638 times people have brought this up, I also implore people to actually look at the Kilpatrick/SH-152 interchange in GSV, since the SH-152→Kilpatrick ramps don't look as much of a through movement as people seem to think they are—you're basically arguing for a TOTSO here.
Since when did reality affect roadgeeks' fictional whims?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Bobby5280

Quote from: thisdj78Google maps is already showing the new Interstate designations

They're in Google Earth too, but to a limited extent. They don't show I-335 on the South extension of the Kilpatrick Turnpike and do not show I-240 routed onto Airport Road. At least not yet.

The Ghostbuster

Google Maps only shows the Interstate 344 designation from Interstate 35/Interstate 44 (western end of the Turner Turnpike) to just south of the Interstate 40 interchange. The Interstate 335 designation is marked along the entire length of the Kickapoo Turnpike. Once the Interstate 240 designation replaces the OK 152 designation, all the exit numbers on existing 240 will have to be increased by six. I wonder if 344's exit numbers will begin at the 35/44 interchange, or the 152/240 interchange.

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on March 10, 2024, 10:36:21 PM
Google Maps only shows the Interstate 344 designation from Interstate 35/Interstate 44 (western end of the Turner Turnpike) to just south of the Interstate 40 interchange. The Interstate 335 designation is marked along the entire length of the Kickapoo Turnpike. Once the Interstate 240 designation replaces the OK 152 designation, all the exit numbers on existing 240 will have to be increased by six. I wonder if 344's exit numbers will begin at the 35/44 interchange, or the 152/240 interchange.

The exit numbers for the I-344 (Kilpatrick Turnpike) will start at the OK 152/I-240 interchange.

TXtoNJ

I think my favorite part is the spokesperson admitting the renumbering is about "prestige" rather than navigability. Very typical Oklahoma inferiority complex thinking there.

jdingus

Will they have to change the exit numbers for Kickapoo - I-335 now too?

okc1

Quote from: jdingus on March 11, 2024, 12:01:29 PM
Will they have to change the exit numbers for Kickapoo - I-335 now too?
I hope not yet. Wait until the routing of the southern section is finalized.
Steve Reynolds
Midwest City OK
Native of Southern Erie Co, NY

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.