News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

El Camino del Diablo

Started by Max Rockatansky, September 23, 2018, 02:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Back in the 2000s I went out on a couple off-road expeditions on the El Camino del Diablo in southern Arizona between Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument and Fortuna Foothills.  Unfortunately I don't really have many photos of the area aside from when I revisited Organ Pipe Cactus in 2012 but I do recall it being pretty much an unforgettable adventure out in the Sonoran Desert.  The El Camino del Diablo was a route of travel between Caborca Sonora and the Colorado River near modern day Yuma.  The El Camino del Diablo did see use during the New Mexico and Arizona Territory days but was ultimately was replaced by the Southern Pacific Railroad as a favored way of travel...at least on the U.S. side:

http://surewhynotnow.blogspot.com/2018/09/organ-pipe-cactus-national-monument-and.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.