News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

New LA milepost

Started by UptownRoadGeek, June 06, 2009, 09:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UptownRoadGeek

I noticed over the weekend DOTD putting up new mileposts along the I-10 in the city. Will try to get pics as soon as possible. They are similar to the ones in Tennessee that have the shield over the direction and then the mile. They are also expanding the use of those highway shield pavement markers, putting them in some places that aren't necessary IMHO. Has anybody seen these type of milepost anywhere else around the state?

FLRoads

Florida is also beginning to use similar mile markers along Interstate 75 in Hernando and Pasco Counties. I noticed these when I made a trek down to southwest Florida this past weekend:

Interstate 75 southbound at mile marker 304 in Hernando County. Photo taken 06/05/09.

Interstate 275 also uses these same type of mile markers from its interchange with Interstate 75 near Palmetto into the Tampa area.

mightyace

^^ It's not just the southeast.  I've seen that style of mile marker popping up on I-80 in Pennsylvania.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

74/171FAN

These are also in VA including I-95 in Prince George County and Petersburg
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Bryant5493

GDOT's been installing those, too -- on I-75, I-85 and I-20 inside of the Perimeter.

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

njroadhorse

I know PennDOT uses something similar to that, or maybe used to, I'm not sure.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

UptownRoadGeek

Alex

Maine introduced those around 2004. I believe they are ITS type mile markers, similar to the blue ones used in Tennessee and Indiana.

UptownRoadGeek

It seems as if they are putting them every 2/10 of a mile

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: NOLANOLA504 on June 10, 2009, 06:38:47 PM
It seems as if they are putting them every 2/10 of a mile
DOTD put up 2/10 mile markers on I-10 between the Basin Bridge and Port Allen (minus the I-10 shield) three years ago.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

lamsalfl

Wow I really like those new mileposts!  And the best part is we got nice ones like the rest of the country has! 

/glad to see that's a standard milepost on I-10 and same as the MP 304 pic above.

Hellfighter

Michigan's got them, they're replacing all milepost with them. There are actually two types here, the rural type that look like the pics and an urban version that are posted every 2/10 of a mile.

Example:

rickmastfan67

Quote from: mightyace on June 09, 2009, 02:03:45 PM
^^ It's not just the southeast.  I've seen that style of mile marker popping up on I-80 in Pennsylvania.

I-79 has several of them as well.

cjk374

They recently put some 1/10th mile markers on I-20 in Monroe on the Ouachita River bridge.  They are smaller than std milepost signs w/o the interstate shield.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.