Is it possible to get a user blocked?

Started by I-39, November 22, 2015, 08:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeekJedi

What amazes me is the guy comes out of nowhere, shits all over the place, and then demands that we do things his way. All I can say is my time here has improved thanks to the ignore function. I can't see his nonsense.

The funniest part is the guy's lack of self-awareness. Most people would stop for a minute after seeing all the carnage here and think that maybe perhaps it wasn't a good idea to barge into someone's house and be an idiot. Not our buddy. He's convinced that the rest of the world is the problem.

Oh well, they all eventually get banned or bored.
"Wisconsin - The Concurrency State!"

jakeroot

I have to give dzlsabe some credit though. Within a month, he completely turned the midwest forums upside down and turned damn near all users against him. That's an impressive feat.

That said, I don't think banning or blocking him will prove anything. Give him time to come around. Worst case scenario, he ragequits because no one will interact with him.

english si

Quote from: froggie on November 25, 2015, 06:11:20 PMTechnically, at the time he sent that, it was already Thanksgiving on Guam and the other Marianas (U.S. possessions), and for our servicemembers stationed in Japan.
Or it could have been a month-and-a-half late comment from Canada!
Quote from: GeekJedi on November 25, 2015, 06:12:29 PMThe funniest part is the guy's lack of self-awareness.
How self-aware is the average 9 year old?
QuoteNot our buddy.
He's not your buddy, guy.

roadman65

Quote from: jakeroot on November 25, 2015, 06:23:24 PM
I have to give dzlsabe some credit though. Within a month, he completely turned the midwest forums upside down and turned damn near all users against him. That's an impressive feat.

That said, I don't think banning or blocking him will prove anything. Give him time to come around. Worst case scenario, he ragequits because no one will interact with him.
Yeah look how many times that worked for NE2.

IMO I think this guy makes NE2 look like a choirboy at his absolute worse.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Alps

Quote from: noelbotevera on November 24, 2015, 03:40:58 PM
At least I don't act like him. Sure, I may be annoying, I may do a theme, but once I'm told of my mistakes, I quickly stop it. I guess you could call me a different ethanman, or crucify and insult me as much as you want. I just don't care.
You're actually young, and you're willing to learn. We know you'll grow up and figure out when to post and when to look stuff up and not post. Yeah, it's a bit tiring that you're often wrong, but when I was 11 I was often wrong online too. I'm willing to tolerate it in you a lot more than a resident geezer in this thread. ;)

Alps

Quote from: roadman65 on November 26, 2015, 08:54:05 AM

NE2 is intelligent and contributes meaningful discussion. He antagonizes the stupid and the wrong, but he doesn't himself post stupid and wrong things.

dzlsabe

Quote from: Alps on December 02, 2015, 06:45:18 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on November 26, 2015, 08:54:05 AM

NE2 is intelligent and contributes meaningful discussion. He antagonizes the stupid and the wrong, but he doesn't himself post stupid and wrong things.
So Ive posted stupid and wrong things? Please cite.
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

freebrickproductions

Well, for starters, you forgot to put an apostrophe in "I've", which is a pretty stupid mistake to make... :poke:
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

english si

Quote from: freebrickproductions on December 03, 2015, 11:48:46 AMWell, for starters, you forgot to put an apostrophe if "I've", which is a pretty stupid mistake to make... :poke:
Not as silly as not being able to spell "in" ;)

dzlsabe

Quote from: freebrickproductions on December 03, 2015, 11:48:46 AM
Well, for starters, you forgot to put an apostrophe if "I've", which is a pretty stupid mistake to make... :poke:
I make a point of avoiding excess punctuation, if it bugs spider butt hair spliters (from now on referred to as SBHS), all the better.
So other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

freebrickproductions

Quote from: english si on December 03, 2015, 12:16:56 PM
Quote from: freebrickproductions on December 03, 2015, 11:48:46 AMWell, for starters, you forgot to put an apostrophe if "I've", which is a pretty stupid mistake to make... :poke:
Not as silly as not being able to spell "in" ;)
I blame that on the fact I was tired. :pan:
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

tribar

Quote from: dzlsabe on December 03, 2015, 12:38:53 PM
Quote from: freebrickproductions on December 03, 2015, 11:48:46 AM
Well, for starters, you forgot to put an apostrophe if "I've", which is a pretty stupid mistake to make... :poke:
I make a point of avoiding excess punctuation, if it bugs spider butt hair spliters, all the better.
So other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

This is why people hate you.

dzlsabe

@tribar-
First off, look closely. I didnt make the comment that I think you attribute to me. The UK guy did. Masterful faux news job though. The SAST spambots would be proud.

I doubt people hate me because of punctuation. HATERS gonna HATE. :pan: Some people arent happy unless they (and everyone around them) are miserable.

I expect SOME people to hate me. What is it ? 20? 30? Now if you could cite specific instances (replies) of why you hate me, bring it.

Just trying to get more concrete poured in just the right places...TOMORROW. While were young. Trying to turn this place into some semblance of London or NYC, instead of the "national whipping bitch" it is now. :clap:

If that makes me an "Antagonistic asshole know-it-all (with a) holier-than-thou attitude"? OK.
Probably not holier. And I only "know something" cuz I actually show up at the meetings, get the updates, read the Fing newspapers. Actually converse and listen to PEOPLE. Any attitude beats no attitude (apathy).

Answers price list:
Answers............................................ $1.00
Answers (requiring thought).................. $2.00
Answers (correct)............................... $3.00
Dumb looks ................................STILL FREE!

Alps

Quote from: dzlsabe on December 04, 2015, 11:42:34 PM
I expect SOME people to hate me. What is it ? 20? 30? Now if you could cite specific instances (replies) of why you hate me, bring it.
Antagonistic asshole know-it-all holier-than-thou attitude.

roadman65

Quote from: GeekJedi on November 25, 2015, 06:12:29 PM
What amazes me is the guy comes out of nowhere, shits all over the place, and then demands that we do things his way. All I can say is my time here has improved thanks to the ignore function. I can't see his nonsense.

The funniest part is the guy's lack of self-awareness. Most people would stop for a minute after seeing all the carnage here and think that maybe perhaps it wasn't a good idea to barge into someone's house and be an idiot. Not our buddy. He's convinced that the rest of the world is the problem.

I think we all should use the ignore feature on here. It really works.  You can't see his posts as it will show up that you ignored him.  Only that he posts, and in blue "Show me the posts" to give you the option to override.

I cannot see his nonsense either, and it prevents me from wanting to interact with the dude as it seems all you do is say one thing to him (and just one little thing to him) and he responds to you with something.

Everyone should use the feature as its in your own profile and next to buddy list.  Open up the ignore button, and viola you block him out. 

To me this guy is not worth the effort to argue with and like geek gedi said, his time improved and I can tell you the same for me.  This guy is going to lynch himself sooner or later without our help, so not interacting would be best for all of us here.

Sheryl Crowe

dzlsabe

The carnage? Get over it. I put a small hole in your boys stuffy bubble and its like I ran over your puppy with a road roller.

The topic in question was DEAD from MAY to OCT, when I posed an obvious, innocent question.

On the other side of the coin, is there a way to block posters that grunt inane worthless three-word replies continually? If youre going to put your two-cents worth in, fine. If its really zero cents, stay in bed.

DaBigE

Quote from: roadman65 on December 06, 2015, 01:57:26 PM

I think we all should use the ignore feature on here. It really works.  You can't see his posts as it will show up that you ignored him.  Only that he posts, and in blue "Show me the posts" to give you the option to override.

I cannot see his nonsense either, and it prevents me from wanting to interact with the dude as it seems all you do is say one thing to him (and just one little thing to him) and he responds to you with something.

Everyone should use the feature as its in your own profile and next to buddy list.  Open up the ignore button, and viola you block him out. 

Also ensure "Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list" is checked in your Profile - Look and Layout section, otherwise adding someone to your ignore list is virtually useless.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

tribar

Too bad the ignore feature does not work on Tapatalk. I can still see all of his posts there.

roadman65

Quote from: DaBigE on December 06, 2015, 02:50:42 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on December 06, 2015, 01:57:26 PM

Also ensure "Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list" is checked in your Profile - Look and Layout section, otherwise adding someone to your ignore list is virtually useless.
Done already.  The only problem is when someone else quotes any of his posts, it comes up still in purple on the other user's post. 

I guess nothing is full proof.  However, at least I do not see his posts firsthand which is good enough.

Sheryl Crowe

jakeroot

I don't know why you guys are trying to ignore him. I think he's hilarious!

ET21

Quote from: jakeroot on December 06, 2015, 04:37:36 PM
I don't know why you guys are trying to ignore him. I think he's hilarious!

It is quite comedic, gives me a good chuckle
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

hbelkins

Quote from: roadman65 on December 06, 2015, 04:32:30 PMThe only problem is when someone else quotes any of his posts, it comes up still in purple on the other user's post. 

I guess nothing is full proof.  However, at least I do not see his posts firsthand which is good enough.

I had this same issue with Randy Hersh on MTR. But the problem was compounded there because he'd make up a new name every time I plonked him, which had me continually killfiling his various identities. And then people would quote him and I'd have to see his rantings.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

roadman65

I do not think this guy would invent new usernames, however after reading this he might just do that.

However, I heard a man named Blawp used to do that here.  Federal Route One was one of his aliases that he used on here, however no matter what name you use your m/o is still the same which would give that particular user away right away.  In that case ignoring someone will not work.  Lets just hope this guy gets tired and moves on.

Sheryl Crowe

jakeroot

The easiest way to ban someone is to cut off communication with them. Just stop fucking replying to quoting him. It's that god damn easy. You're failure to resist the urge to respond is your own issue.

Besides, what's the big deal with him having an opinion on a matter? We're all entitled to an opinion, no matter how off the wall it is.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.