News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What Route(s) Describe You and Why?

Started by kenarmy, April 12, 2021, 12:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoreySamson

I-17

I'm 17 years old, plus I'm an important part of my friend group and family (I-40 and I-10) and I'm a little reserved (not really a commonly talked about interstate), but I'm fine in just being who I am.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

SkyPesos

Quote from: CoreySamson on April 13, 2021, 11:03:33 PM
I-17

I'm 17 years old, plus I'm an important part of my friend group and family (I-40 and I-10) and I'm a little reserved (not really a commonly talked about interstate), but I'm fine in just being who I am.
I mentioned I-17 too above, for a different reason!
Quote from: SkyPesos on April 13, 2021, 09:54:23 PM
I'll do one for the age I was for the past year
I-17: you're so gifted that you got like 19 credit hours (194/10 rounded down) from AP exams before entering college, unlike a lot of others starting from 0.

^ I wish that was me lol, but it describes a couple of people in my school.

I-55

I-359: Short, broad, can carry a lot (I'm a basketball player)

I-65: I like Spaghetti and my body's always under construction

MS-25: My varsity basketball number

I-75: I'm always surrounded by people who don't know how to drive.
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

interstatefan990

My avatar, I-990:

High-up (I'm on the tall side), from New York, I don't meet my parents that often due to COVID (no connection to I-90), and I left a job on 2/6/2003 (northern terminus at NY 263).
Multi-lane roundabouts are an abomination to mankind.

Scott5114

I-44 because I wish I got paid any time anyone had to interact with me.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: webny99 on April 13, 2021, 07:54:30 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned their age yet...

Lives in NY + 21 years old = NY 21

well in that case, i claim colorado's us 50. like me, its wider in some places than it needs to be, is gritty in some places, and beautiful in others. also like me, its often lost in the middle of nowhere, or alternately right in the thick of it.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on April 13, 2021, 10:33:32 PM

Quote from: kphoger on April 13, 2021, 09:26:17 PM

Quote from: webny99 on April 13, 2021, 07:56:12 PM

Quote from: kphoger on April 13, 2021, 02:23:46 PM
NE 2

That's the only route where, every time I see the route number, I think of a forum user. (It's not you, though, obviously.)

Which route?  The one that currently exists, or the one that that user named himself after?

I was not aware of the one NE-2 named after himself. Where is it?

Well, that answers that question.

If I'm not mistaken, |NE2| named himself after the Connecticut River Way.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jmacswimmer

I-895: I blend in to the surroundings and try not to stick out, when I let people in I expect them to stay committed, I rarely use cash anymore, & I've spent the past year trying to improve some things about myself.
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on April 14, 2021, 10:20:00 AM
Quote from: webny99 on April 13, 2021, 10:33:32 PM
Quote from: kphoger on April 13, 2021, 09:26:17 PM
Quote from: webny99 on April 13, 2021, 07:56:12 PM
Quote from: kphoger on April 13, 2021, 02:23:46 PM
NE 2

That's the only route where, every time I see the route number, I think of a forum user. (It's not you, though, obviously.)

Which route?  The one that currently exists, or the one that that user named himself after?

I was not aware of the one NE-2 named after himself. Where is it?

Well, that answers that question.

If I'm not mistaken, |NE2| named himself after the Connecticut River Way.

Ah. I never thought of NE meaning New England in this context.

NWI_Irish96

Just about any highway in Michigan, because I'm not in very good shape.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: cabiness42 on April 14, 2021, 01:12:47 PM

Really that's just a popular perception now post-Pure Potholes.  Michigan State Trunklines are far from the worst State Highway system out there in the U.S.   I would go as far as to say Michigan isn't even in the bottom third anymore. 

Flint1979

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 14, 2021, 01:19:46 PM
Quote from: cabiness42 on April 14, 2021, 01:12:47 PM

Really that's just a popular perception now post-Pure Potholes.  Michigan State Trunklines are far from the worst State Highway system out there in the U.S.   I would go as far as to say Michigan isn't even in the bottom third anymore.
That's true. Michigan has done a lot in the last decade or so to upgrade the existing roads in the state. They still have more work to be done but a lot of roads are improved. The Interstate in the worst shape I think is I-69 in Flint and south of Lansing for awhile the pavement quality is garbage. Around me they are finally rebuilding I-75 between MM 148 and 150 and rebuilt the M-46 interchange which was about 20 years overdue. I-69 south of Lansing for awhile is getting redone as well.

74/171FAN

US 220, people seem to care about me, but I just do not really see it. (I-73, I-74, I-99, I-581, etc.)
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

SkyPesos

Since we did age above, birthday is another possibility.

For mine (316), not that many state route choices, as most are short rural 2 lanes. I'll probably go with Georgia's for this one. China have G316 between Fuzhou and Lanzhou via Wuhan, which may be another choice of mine since it starts in Fuzhou.

Note for other March birthdays: In China's National Highway System (Guodao), equivalent to our US routes, the primary E-W routes are numbered G3xx. There's two long notable routes from Shanghai: G312 (Shanghai to Kazahkstan border), with the nickname of China's Route 66, and G318 (Shanghai to Nepal Border).

index

NJ 324. Used to be really good at doing things and interacting with a lot of people, but just sits there doing a whole lot of nothing now.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.