News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Funniest street names

Started by J Route Z, September 15, 2014, 12:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kniwt

Quote from: roadfro on October 31, 2014, 11:55:49 PM
Is that on the old Bowers Mansion Road/SR 429 segment? I'm not familiar with that one.

Correct. Fairly close to the south end. And the sign blades throughout that area are strangely large.

bing101

bing101

NE2

HAHAHAH BALL AND MOODY SO FUNNY
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bing101

NE2

For a slightly less fucking stupid entry than those above: Grassy Lick Road becomes High Street in Mount Sterling, Kentucky. :420:

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

jakeroot

Quote from: NE2 on November 17, 2014, 11:04:08 PM
For a slightly less fucking stupid entry than those above: Grassy Lick Road becomes High Street in Mount Sterling, Kentucky. :420:

mmmm...grass lick...

Gulol

SteveG1988

Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

bandit957

I just remembered that there used to be a Damn Avenue near Middletown, OH. I used to have an old Butler County map from the '80s that showed this street.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

formulanone

Why Not Drive in Palm Bay, Florida?

algorerhythms

I like that the sign is self-answering. Why Not Drive? Dead End.

Takumi

This morning my brother sent me a photo of a sign for Rise Shaft Road, which is in the heart of the west Chesterfield sprawl country.
http://goo.gl/maps/nh3gV
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

KG909

~Fuccboi

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

freebrickproductions

I want to know the story behind that one...
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

NE2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orobanche
Orobanche (broomrape or broom-rape) is a genus of over 200 species of parasitic herbaceous plants in the family Orobanchaceae, mostly native to the temperate Northern Hemisphere.

It's surrounded by other plant names. There's also a Beavertail (a type of cactus) in there.

cpzilliacus

Unincorporated Gaithersburg, Montgomery County, Maryland has this.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Takumi

York County has a Running Man Trail, which is the main road of the unusually-named subdivision of Running Man.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

NE2

Don't be stupid, be a smarty:

Buck87

1995hoo

Quote from: Buck87 on March 13, 2015, 10:26:40 AM
Here's one in Dayton

Damn. I've driven on Needmore several times (my father-in-law and mother-in-law are buried in the cemetery on Dixie Drive) and I never made the connection of that name to roadgeeking.  :pan:
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.