News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Calling dogs silly names

Started by bandit957, February 28, 2019, 01:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

"Aw, you little woocap, I'm glad you have a noggin!"
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Beltway

Quote from: hbelkins on March 03, 2019, 07:27:23 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on March 03, 2019, 04:24:14 AM
Quote from: hbelkins on February 28, 2019, 08:07:51 PM
"Doggo."
Why add two letters and a syllable to a perfectly acceptable three-letter, one-syllable word?
Of course the guy who has chosen to refer to himself with only two letters would ask this question ;)
That actually wasn't my choice, really. When I was an infant, my parents started calling me by my initials, and it just stuck. I can't remember a time when I've not been referred to by initials rather than name.

Not that unusual.  I know someone who is often called "L.V.".
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

bugo

My cats have human names: Chloe,  Hailey and Sasha. I call them "the monsters" sometimes which is sarcasm as all three of them are extremely sweet and loving.

hotdogPi

Quote from: bugo on March 17, 2019, 06:56:06 PM
My cats have human names: Chloe,  Hailey and Sasha. I call them "the monsters" sometimes which is sarcasm as all three of them are extremely sweet and loving.

I also had a cat named Sasha.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

bugo

Quote from: 1 on March 17, 2019, 07:31:55 PM

My Sasha is an almost 9 month old chocolate point Siamese kitten. She's absolutely bonkers She constantly chases the much bigger Hailey around the house pouncing on her. Sasha was really sick and malnourished when I adopted her and being close to death has caused her to be fearless. She sometimes pisses Chloe off because she likes to play and Chloe doesn't.

hbelkins

Quote from: 1 on March 17, 2019, 07:31:55 PM

We've had a Sasha and a Chloe over the years.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

1995hoo

Don't know if anyone saw yesterday's new Capital One ads with Samuel L. Jackson, Charles Barkley, and Spike Lee. In one of them, Barkley has a parrot he's named Larry–Larry Bird. Naturally, the basketball player of that name then walks in with his dog–Charles Barkley.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

bugo

Here are my monsters. Chloe is the black and white bicolor cat, Sasha is the chocolate point Siamese and Hailey is the gray tabby. I took this picture a few hours ago.

PHLBOS

My brother calls his daughters' dogs (named Jace & Kovich) nerds.  He would say, "Esther (or Katherine), time to put out/let in/walk your nerd."
GPS does NOT equal GOD

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

PHLBOS

Quote from: kphoger on March 19, 2019, 04:14:23 PM
Ah yes, the importance of the ' apostrophe (for the possessive in this case).  I've since corrected my earlier post.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

bandit957

I think the first time I ever heard anyone call someone a "nerd", it was about a dog. Someone was talking about a dog and they said, "That nerd!"

bandit957

Also, the first time I ever heard someone call someone a "geek" was in 5th grade, when we visited the 6th grade class at the middle school. Some kid called someone a "geek", and the home ec teacher lectured them that a "geek" was someone in a circus who bit heads off animals.

kphoger

Scum-sucking pea-head with a lousy physique.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

Quote from: bandit957 on March 19, 2019, 04:28:54 PMa "geek" was someone in a circus who bit heads off animals
That's what Roger Ebert says, too.

Also, a freakshow, not a circus.

hbelkins

Quote from: abefroman329 on March 21, 2019, 03:56:35 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on March 19, 2019, 04:28:54 PMa "geek" was someone in a circus who bit heads off animals
That's what Roger Ebert says, too.

Also, a freakshow, not a circus.

Ozzy Osbourne says hi.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.