News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Introduction to tolbs17

Started by tolbs17, July 25, 2019, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tolbs17

Guys, call me "tolbs17" or "tolbs02". I'm tired of mrhappy1261 already. the username I picked back in June doesn't really make sense.

Should the letter T be capitalized?

Should I reedit this name of this thread or leave it the way it is?

I like being called "Tolbs". It's part of my real name and everyone calls me that.

Alps

Quote from: mrhappy1261 on September 13, 2019, 09:30:30 PM
Guys, call me "tolbs17" or "tolbs02". I'm tired of mrhappy1261 already. the username I picked back in June doesn't really make sense.

Should the letter T be capitalized?

Should I reedit this name of this thread or leave it the way it is?

I like being called "Tolbs". It's part of my real name and everyone calls me that.
Okay, MrHappy.

MNHighwayMan

tolbs17

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on September 13, 2019, 09:34:38 PM
Quote from: Alps on September 13, 2019, 09:33:36 PM
Okay, MrHappy.

Wouldn't it be more like MrUnhappy now?
No, I'm just saying, I didn't pick the best username for myself. I'm not always happy (and i'm sure everyone isn't) and i get a little frustrated when something bad happens.

sprjus4

I think there's a way you can request for an administrator or moderator to change your username. There's no way you can do it yourself though.

1995hoo

Quote from: sprjus4 on September 13, 2019, 09:39:29 PM
I think there's a way you can request for an administrator or moderator to change your username. There's no way you can do it yourself though.

Or just be like Marf and create new accounts with other names.

Unless you actually want to remain a forum member, that is!
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

tolbs17

I wish you can like maybe every 6 months or a year or so, but yeah. It sucks that you can't do it yourself.

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 13, 2019, 09:43:59 PM

Or just be like Marf and create new accounts with other names.

Unless you actually want to remain a forum member, that is!
No, because i think you'll get banned for that. Just like one time I did see ParrDa and another account called "webny99" and I'm sure that person did choose webny99 because he wanted a better username.

1995hoo

^^^^^

Marf did get banned. That's what my second sentence meant.

I know for a fact the moderators can change someone's username. I have not had mine changed, but I know one user here who got a name change in real life asked the moderators for a username change and they granted the request. (I'm deliberately being oblique because it's not my place to say who or why.)

roadman65

Was not interstateng one that was a resurrected member who created a second account?   That question is rhetorical as the owner of the site told me that he was a troublemaker on MTR who came back to do his stuff again here.   He got banned when he used choice words to the owner, and was kicked out for good until he came back a third time as FederalHighway1 whom I believe another moderator found his MO out real quickly and was given the boot again.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

ozarkman417

I feel the same way when it comes to my username on Reddit. There is no way to change your name there but all I would miss is 1,300 "karma" points and a few original memes I've uploaded.

tolbs17

Quote from: ozarkman417 on September 14, 2019, 12:49:10 PM
I feel the same way when it comes to my username on Reddit. There is no way to change your name there but all I would miss is 1,300 "karma" points and a few original memes I've uploaded.
I use reddit too. I'm "daggerdude16". I wish you can change your name but i guess some websites it's permanent.

renegade

Still trying to make this more like Fakebook ?
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

tolbs17

I'm sure about 75-90% of members on this forum know that I am autistic (high-functioning) and I'm sure they know that sometimes I can't comprehend what they are saying to me.

kphoger

Quote from: tolbs17 on December 28, 2019, 05:03:39 PM
I'm sure about 75-90% of members on this forum know that I am autistic (high-functioning) and I'm sure they know that sometimes I can't comprehend what they are saying to me.

I, for one, don't keep track of which members have stated they're autistic or "on the spectrum" or whatever.  To me, you're just tolbs17 plus whatever info pops up underneath your username.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

tolbs17

Quote from: kphoger on January 02, 2020, 01:53:47 PM

I, for one, don't keep track of which members have stated they're autistic or "on the spectrum" or whatever.  To me, you're just tolbs17 plus whatever info pops up underneath your username.
I see now but do you think you comprehend everything what I say?

kphoger

Quote from: tolbs17 on January 02, 2020, 04:03:24 PM

I don't recall offhand that you've been unclear in anything I've read.  But I simply don't keep track of who said what very closely.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

tolbs17

Quote from: kphoger on January 02, 2020, 04:25:07 PM
Quote from: tolbs17 on January 02, 2020, 04:03:24 PM

I don't recall offhand that you've been unclear in anything I've read.  But I simply don't keep track of who said what very closely.
I see now.

tolbs17

Who thinks I should be called mrhappy1261 again? It seems like many of you like me called mrhappy1261 better than tolbs17. or maybe i should just be called MrHappy or just "tolbs" since 1261 are just random numbers. I'm not 17 years old anymore.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: tolbs17 on December 06, 2020, 12:45:58 AM
Who thinks I should be called mrhappy1261 again? It seems like many of you like me called mrhappy1261 better than tolbs17. or maybe i should just be called MrHappy or just "tolbs" since 1261 are just random numbers. I'm not 17 years old anymore.

You should be called what you want to be called. You shouldn't put your handle or alias up to what is basically a non-binding vote.  Also...when you consider aliases, consider something that would remain permanent; not something that would be obsolete in a year.

thspfc

Lol who cares

1995hoo

It's going to show multiple names anyway–when someone quotes one of your posts, the software uses the current username at the time of posting and doesn't later change it to reflect your name change (this can be confirmed by looking at older quotes reflecting posts by a certain other longtime active forum member who changed usernames).

tolbs17

Quote from: 1995hoo on December 06, 2020, 09:01:33 AM
It's going to show multiple names anyway–when someone quotes one of your posts, the software uses the current username at the time of posting and doesn't later change it to reflect your name change (this can be confirmed by looking at older quotes reflecting posts by a certain other longtime active forum member who changed usernames).
so its probably the best idea to stay what it is

dlsterner

It's up to you, whatever you want people to call you.  It sounds like people call you "tolbs".  I'm not a mod (so I can't promise anything), but I would like to think there shouldn't be a problem if you wanted to change your user name from "tolbs17" to "tolbs".

thspfc

Quote from: dlsterner on December 06, 2020, 10:24:27 PM

It's up to you, whatever you want people to call you.  It sounds like people call you "tolbs".  I'm not a mod (so I can't promise anything), but I would like to think there shouldn't be a problem if you wanted to change your user name from "tolbs17" to "tolbs".
He can't keep changing his name though, he's already done it once. My advice is to pick something so random (like, how will anybody ever figure out what "thspfc" means?) that there's never a reason to change it.

J3ebrules

Quote from: tolbs17 on December 06, 2020, 11:00:39 AM
Quote from: 1995hoo on December 06, 2020, 09:01:33 AM
so its probably the best idea to stay what it is

Don't worry about the 17; people append numbers for random reasons. Or it could be a reminder that you joined when you were 17. But it is a burden on the mods to keep changing names. It's one thing if the name is causing you emotional harm to be reminded of something, but you said Tolbs was part of your name anyway.
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.