News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What kind of work do you do?

Started by Chris, February 02, 2009, 08:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Do you have a road-related job?

I work at a traffic engineering office, mostly doing noise surveys, air quality sometimes, design street layouts in AutoCAD and conducting traffic counts for various surveys.

ComputerGuy

No job yet...hope to be a WSDOT worker or even a WSDOT secretary by age 40.

Bryant5493

No road-related job, but I try my best to contact the local departments of transportation to keep the highways and byways upkept. Some around my way are very poorly attended to.

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

agentsteel53

I'm unemployed, so I'm doing the AARoads shield gallery, which hopefully will bring sweet, sweet sign replica sales revenue!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

deathtopumpkins

I am currently a student, but I am aiming at becoming a Civil Engineer.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

roadgeek

I work in a supermarket. Wish I were driving....
My Road Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadgeek31/

Keep checking back for updates!

ctsignguy

i do the 2-job tango.....

days i work in a 104-bed facility for the most severely developmentally disaabled adluts (mental ages from 3 years all the way down to 1 month)

Nights i work in a 4 bed home for higher functioning adults....

keeps me hopping!
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

algorerhythms

Quote from: Chris on February 02, 2009, 08:41:07 AM
Do you have a road-related job?

I'll put it this way: I have never edited a Wikipedia article that was in any way related to my job.

Darkchylde

No job right now at all, and I honestly don't see myself ending up with any sort of road-related job in the future... unless being on the road all day counts.

OracleUsr

DBA (DataBase Administrator) here...I also program in VB and am trying to learn C#.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

akotchi

I am a professional traffic engineer, working for a consultant in central New Jersey.  I manage all traffic elements on projects, mainly, but most notably (for this site, anyway), I oversee the design of guide signing on many projects.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

corco

I'm mostly just a student at University of Wyoming majoring in Geography with an emphasis in GIS

Over the summer I work at a 5 star hotel in central Idaho managing the boat dock-  big tips and good money and I get to drive really fast and expensive boats around all day. It's a great gig.

rawr apples

I push shopping carts, only for a couple more weeks until I start my cashier training. Then i'll be cashiering :)
Now shut up and drivee

mapman

Like akotchi, I am also a professional traffic engineer.  Unlike akotchi, I work for a consulting company in the San Francisco Bay Area, performing traffic analyses for new developments (i.e. residential developments, shopping centers, etc.).

WillWeaverRVA

No road-related job here. I'm not even a professional photographer (well, yet)...I'm a pharmacy technician.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Voyager

Full time college student...

Nearly professional photographer.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

Wikigav

Quote from: roadgeek on February 02, 2009, 08:24:15 PM
I work in a supermarket. Wish I were driving....

Lol, me to, but only about 10 hours a weeks as i am still a student.

Quote from: rawr apples on February 03, 2009, 12:54:04 AM
I push shopping carts, only for a couple more weeks until I start my cashier training. Then i'll be cashiering :)

You have a systems of graduating from trolleys to cahiers? I started right on the cashier with very little training (they were busy), now that was one fun first shift.

Chris

I used to be an alllrounder in a major supermarket before my current job :)

mc78andrew

I work on wall street...guess everyone hates that now a days.  always been a road geek and always will be.  I prefer ro be driving in places i've never seen.

rawr apples

Quote from: rawr apples on February 03, 2009, 12:54:04 AM

You have a systems of graduating from trolleys to cahiers? I started right on the cashier with very little training (they were busy), now that was one fun first shift.
[/quote]

Well you have to be 18 to cashier where u work, and my 18th was a month ago today, and the next cashier training programme is in the middle of feb.
Now shut up and drivee

US71

I am currently self-employed as a travelling Ren-Faire vendor.  :-|
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

mefailenglish

Meteorologist, though I usually tell people "computer programmer" when they ask.

djracer201

Well I guess im in a road-related job - I work for a car dealership - Website Manager there.

SSOWorld

Software Engineering - kind of ironic that I'm programming trucks too :-P
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

DrZoidberg

I work as a CFO for a software company.  Not cutting checks for new road construction, unfortunately, but I've always loved roads.
"By the way...I took the liberty of fertilizing your caviar."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.