AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Largest One Week Temperature Variations You’ve Experienced  (Read 8042 times)

golden eagle

• Last Login: November 21, 2022, 01:16:52 PM
Re: Largest One Week Temperature Variations You’ve Experienced
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2022, 02:31:21 PM »

It got down to 14 in last year's ice storm, but was in the 60s by the following Saturday.

kirbykart

• Last Login: Today at 07:52:23 PM
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2022, 09:50:58 AM »

I don't know if this is the largest for me, but it is the most recent. Oct. 17th- Miserable weather, probably like 34, cloudy, rain, the worst crap imaginable. Five days later, it was beautiful, sunny, actually quite nice. Two days after that it then became unpleasantly hot, was probably almost 80 but felt even hotter.
Counties
Three certainties of life: death, taxes, and MultiMillionMiler complaining about the Penna Turnpike

rlb2024

• Last Login: November 30, 2022, 08:55:48 PM
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2022, 10:53:27 AM »

My first job out of college was on the installation and commissioning crew for a series of air traffic control radar systems.  The first site I worked on was outside of Kalispell, MT.  On July 1 it was 99 degrees.  On the morning of July 4 it was 26 degrees and snowing.

triplemultiplex

• "You read it; you can't unread it!"

• Last Login: December 02, 2022, 02:50:21 PM
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2022, 11:21:05 AM »

Low 70's today, mid 30's tomorrow.  That's pretty stark.  The upper Midwest is getting one of those "four seasons in 48 hours" storms.
Wouldn't have it any other way. :P
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

kphoger

• My 2 Achilles' heels: sarcasm & snark

• Last Login: December 02, 2022, 10:40:39 PM
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2022, 11:56:29 AM »

I don't know if this is the largest for me, but it is the most recent. Oct. 17th- Miserable weather, probably like 34, cloudy, rain, the worst crap imaginable. Five days later, it was beautiful, sunny, actually quite nice. Two days after that it then became unpleasantly hot, was probably almost 80 but felt even hotter.

I don't even think 34 to 80 is unheard of for a single day in a lot of places.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. Dick
If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kirbykart

• Last Login: Today at 07:52:23 PM
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2022, 02:29:10 PM »

^No, it's really not. But this is just the one that was freshest in my head, and it did say over the course a week.
Counties
Three certainties of life: death, taxes, and MultiMillionMiler complaining about the Penna Turnpike

CoreySamson

• ORU Class of '26

• Last Login: Today at 08:10:13 PM
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2022, 03:14:02 PM »

I think last month's coldpocalypse set my record. On February 16, the low was 15 degrees, and the following week the high was 76. A difference of 61 degrees.
I may have actually broken this in October. I was home on a break from college, where it apparently got up to about 91 degrees. Less than a week later, I was back in Tulsa right in time for a cold snap which brought a low temperature of 27. That's a difference of 64 degrees if I'm counting this right. And a couple days after that cold snap hit it got up to 90 here, so that would be my new single-place temperature variation record I've experienced at 63.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.