Non-Road Boards > Sports

Fans that live outside the sports markets

<< < (12/12)

CtrlAltDel:

--- Quote from: cabiness42 on May 23, 2022, 07:11:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: CtrlAltDel on May 23, 2022, 12:51:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: ilpt4u on May 22, 2022, 01:49:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: skluth on May 22, 2022, 01:29:41 PM ---Fan bases of most teams have web sites where you can follow your favorite team in other markets. As a Packers fan I can choose this site or this one or this one. I can visit several Packers bars in Chicago alone. Steelers, Cowboys, Browns, Raiders, and Bears fans also have home bars in quite a few cities in my experience. (So do the other NFL teams, but those teams seem to have the most scattered fans.) I'm sure many universities and other sports teams also have sites to find like-minded fans in unfamiliar cities, but it's not something I follow.

--- End quote ---

I found a Bears bar out in Vegas (it is off the strip). I just googled places to get a good burger off the strip, went in, and the place was decked out with Bears gear. Talked to the bartender, and the owner is from Chicago and a big Bears fan.

--- End quote ---

I once stumbled into a White Sox bar in Paris. The owner was from there and his dream was to move to Paris and open a bar, which he did, although it has since closed.

--- End quote ---

7:10 pm in Chicago is 2:10 am in Paris so how many baseball fans can you get to watch a game in a bar from 2-5 am?

--- End quote ---

That could explain why they closed.

Road Hog:
Pro tip: When you search for audio streaming of games from outside of your area, try the small-market network stations first. They're the ones most likely to erroneously keep the stream up and not take it down due to licensing issues.

skluth:

--- Quote from: CtrlAltDel on May 23, 2022, 01:37:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: cabiness42 on May 23, 2022, 07:11:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: CtrlAltDel on May 23, 2022, 12:51:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: ilpt4u on May 22, 2022, 01:49:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: skluth on May 22, 2022, 01:29:41 PM ---Fan bases of most teams have web sites where you can follow your favorite team in other markets. As a Packers fan I can choose this site or this one or this one. I can visit several Packers bars in Chicago alone. Steelers, Cowboys, Browns, Raiders, and Bears fans also have home bars in quite a few cities in my experience. (So do the other NFL teams, but those teams seem to have the most scattered fans.) I'm sure many universities and other sports teams also have sites to find like-minded fans in unfamiliar cities, but it's not something I follow.

--- End quote ---

I found a Bears bar out in Vegas (it is off the strip). I just googled places to get a good burger off the strip, went in, and the place was decked out with Bears gear. Talked to the bartender, and the owner is from Chicago and a big Bears fan.

--- End quote ---

I once stumbled into a White Sox bar in Paris. The owner was from there and his dream was to move to Paris and open a bar, which he did, although it has since closed.

--- End quote ---

7:10 pm in Chicago is 2:10 am in Paris so how many baseball fans can you get to watch a game in a bar from 2-5 am?

--- End quote ---

That could explain why they closed.

--- End quote ---

He should have been a Cubs fan. They still have plenty of 1 PM day games, 8 PM in Paris.

jgb191:

--- Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on May 17, 2022, 03:19:11 PM ---When I lived in Superior:

NBA: No one cares.

--- End quote ---

The Timberwolves??  I noticed that Minnesota is as passionate about their NBA team as any state as a whole I've noticed....no matter where in the state.

EDIT:  My apologies, I forgot that Superior is in Wisconsin and not in Minnesota.  I guess not the whole state of Wisconsin cared that the Milwaukee Bucks added another sports league title to the state twelve months ago?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version