Non-Road Boards > Sports

Fans that live outside the sports markets

<< < (2/12) > >>

1:
MLB's map is 2014 New York Times, but it's paywalled. It gives more detail than SeatGeek by giving the top three by percentage for a given location and being by ZIP code rather than the county level.

Ted$8roadFan:
A google search will also reveal fandom maps based on Facebook likes.

Max Rockatansky:
The Central Valley of California (at least Bakersfield and Fresno) lean way more towards following the Los Angeles teams than the Bay Area.  I think a lot of that has to do with the Los Angeles teams having a more blue collar demographic appeal than the Bay Area teams do. 

Me personally, Iíve just stuck to the Detroit teams I followed as a kid no matter where I lived.  I see no reason to change my fandom because I moved somewhere different. 

Flint1979:
I've lived in Michigan for most of my life and was born here but I am a Chicago sports fan. I've always been that way and don't see any reason to stop being a Chicago fan. It started with the White Sox and I'm not sure why I liked the Sox over anyone else, then I started liking Frank Thomas and he became my favorite player so I stayed with them. I've also become friends with a former White Sox player (Jack McDowell) which is pretty cool. Then the Bulls started beating the Pistons and I liked Jordan but haven't watched an NBA game in over 20 years I'm a hockey fan not a basketball fan. The Hawks were harder to start following due to Dollar Bill's way of blacking out home games back in the day, his son is doing a much better job running the team. The Bears, I loved rooting for them against the Lions and Packers so they instantly became my favorite team. The only Detroit team I really don't hate or anything is the Red Wings.

Max Rockatansky:

--- Quote from: Flint1979 on May 12, 2022, 08:40:23 AM ---I've lived in Michigan for most of my life and was born here but I am a Chicago sports fan. I've always been that way and don't see any reason to stop being a Chicago fan. It started with the White Sox and I'm not sure why I liked the Sox over anyone else, then I started liking Frank Thomas and he became my favorite player so I stayed with them. I've also become friends with a former White Sox player (Jack McDowell) which is pretty cool. Then the Bulls started beating the Pistons and I liked Jordan but haven't watched an NBA game in over 20 years I'm a hockey fan not a basketball fan. The Hawks were harder to start following due to Dollar Bill's way of blacking out home games back in the day, his son is doing a much better job running the team. The Bears, I loved rooting for them against the Lions and Packers so they instantly became my favorite team. The only Detroit team I really don't hate or anything is the Red Wings.

--- End quote ---

One thing I have noticed about the Detroit market is that there has been a lot of people who follow the Packers in football after the Brett Farve era.  Usually those same people still tend to follow the rest of the Detroit teams if they are still into the big four sports.  That can probably be chalked up to the Lions never really doing anything with players like Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson and Matt Stafford.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version