Soft drinks in restaurants tasting like postage stamps

Started by bandit957, May 24, 2022, 08:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryV

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 25, 2022, 05:11:22 PM
self-adhesive envelopes have that strip you have to throw away on every envelope you use. That seems like it would become a hassle if you had 20 or 30 envelopes you had to send out.
Or thousands of envelopes that are machine-stuffed. Like utility bills and bank statements (for those that don't get them via email now).

skluth

Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 25, 2022, 04:24:26 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on May 25, 2022, 03:32:40 PM
Back around 2001, I remember that French fries at fast food restaurants usually tasted a little bit like soap. Apparently, it was some ingredient they started using at the time.

We were at a restaurant recently where the mashed potatoes tasted way off, like there was some sort of metallic taste to them. We told our server who got the manager. The manager wrote it off as it was too much garlic. Now, we arent newborns. We didnt start eating foods yesterday. Wasn't a garlic issue. The server came by later to tell us she ate the mashed potatoes as part of her meal earlier and she thought they tasted off too but they weren't going to listen to her. She hoped us saying something would be taken more seriously.

Reminds me of a restaurant in St Louis Westport years ago where they served toasted bread before the meal. The toasted bread had been made with stale bread. When I complained to the manager, he denied it. So I paid for our iced teas and left without ordering.

kphoger

How does this thread have this many posts already?

Oh, wait...  Dang it!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hbelkins

It's been a few years ago, but I was really thirsty when I stopped at the Double Kwik in Jackson, Ky. I bought a fountain Diet Coke and it had a funny taste to it.

Somewhat later, I was at another Double Kwik and also got a fountain Diet Coke. It had the exact same taste.

I can't really remember what the taste was, but it was unusual. Maybe it did taste like the adhesive on an old-style postage stamp.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kkt

I don't know, it's been quite a few years since I got any postage stamps that needed to be licked I hardly remember what they taste like anymore.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.