News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

GPS/Google Maps/maps in general FAILS

Started by hbelkins, February 13, 2023, 12:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaury

Not sure if this is better here or in the thread linked earlier, but is anyone else having problems with street view for the last few days?

So, we know there are areas Google Maps has no street view for, such as forest roads, and choosing a point there will still bring up that little information popup at the bottom, but will have no street view available. I am getting this on everything, including genuine points Google Maps does have street view available for: cities, main highways, etc.–pretty much anything that isn't a forest road and the like. I've found a roundabout way to get to street view, in that I choose a particular point–a city works best–and then click on the picture on the top left. From there I choose a street view image, and then I can use the mini-map on the bottom to go anywhere I want via street view. So, street view is working, just not the way it should.

Thinking it's a cookies and/or cache issue, I checked in Incognito Mode, and the issue is still present. It works just fine on my phone the normal way, though the issue is also present on my mom's computer. I think I remember this happening once before, and it eventually resolved itself, just not sure what the issue is.

Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

SeriesE

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.7024887,-117.8049698,15.62z

Mapping companies (Apple, HERE) can't decide on what to classify Jamboree Road as. It's fully limited access north of Barranca Parkway until the split with CA-261. The designation changes every couple months, ranging from half freeway to all freeway to all arterial road

Amaury

Quote from: Amaury on February 21, 2023, 10:51:20 PMNot sure if this is better here or in the thread linked earlier, but is anyone else having problems with street view for the last few days?

So, we know there are areas Google Maps has no street view for, such as forest roads, and choosing a point there will still bring up that little information popup at the bottom, but will have no street view available. I am getting this on everything, including genuine points Google Maps does have street view available for: cities, main highways, etc.–pretty much anything that isn't a forest road and the like. I've found a roundabout way to get to street view, in that I choose a particular point–a city works best–and then click on the picture on the top left. From there I choose a street view image, and then I can use the mini-map on the bottom to go anywhere I want via street view. So, street view is working, just not the way it should.

Thinking it's a cookies and/or cache issue, I checked in Incognito Mode, and the issue is still present. It works just fine on my phone the normal way, though the issue is also present on my mom's computer. I think I remember this happening once before, and it eventually resolved itself, just not sure what the issue is.

I guess never mind. It's working again as normal. LOL
Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.