Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

Northern Virginia HOT Lanes

<< < (372/378) > >>

plain:

--- Quote from: famartin on May 22, 2022, 09:29:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: plain on May 22, 2022, 09:09:17 PM ---Can be and will be are two different things. The state has already spent boatloads of $$$ in NOVA & Hampton Roads, finding even more money is what's going to be the challenge for anything else.

Even still the HOT lanes doesn't really need to be 2-way south of the Beltway, as most of the employment centers are either inside the Beltway or just outside of it. There aren't that many people commuting from Arlington/Fairfax/etc to Fredericksburg for work.

--- End quote ---

There are often delays on weekends when two-way traffic on the HOT lanes would be very useful.

--- End quote ---

Yes, but a GP lane in each direction would be more helpful.

famartin:

--- Quote from: plain on May 22, 2022, 09:34:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: plain on May 22, 2022, 09:09:17 PM ---Can be and will be are two different things. The state has already spent boatloads of $$$ in NOVA & Hampton Roads, finding even more money is what's going to be the challenge for anything else.

Even still the HOT lanes doesn't really need to be 2-way south of the Beltway, as most of the employment centers are either inside the Beltway or just outside of it. There aren't that many people commuting from Arlington/Fairfax/etc to Fredericksburg for work.

--- End quote ---

There are often delays on weekends when two-way traffic on the HOT lanes would be very useful.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure the chance of that is about zero.

Plutonic Panda:

--- Quote from: famartin on May 22, 2022, 10:03:16 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Why is that? Is Virginia not adding GP lanes anymore in urban areas?

sprjus4:

--- Quote from: Plutonic Panda on May 22, 2022, 10:17:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: famartin on May 22, 2022, 10:03:16 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Why is that? Is Virginia not adding GP lanes anymore in urban areas?

--- End quote ---
Seems to be the trend nowadays.

Thing 342:

--- Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 22, 2021, 09:48:09 AM ---During my limited experience on the 95 toll lanes, traffic flows fast enough for a State Trooper to monitor speeds, although the allowance is substantial. I know I was seen doing around 79-81 in a 65, and the trooper didn't even glance.

I've yet to travel the Beltway toll lanes.

--- End quote ---
The troopers are pretty much there to catch HOV and truck restriction violations rather than deal with sub-misdemeanor (>85mph) speeding tickets.

I think I've seen more semi's get pulled over in the HOT lanes than actual cars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version