News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

L.A.'s signs of madness

Started by cpzilliacus, March 22, 2013, 05:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

L.A. Times Op-Ed: L.A.'s signs of madness

QuoteHollywood boulevardier Joshua Wattles was taking his daily constitutional along the Walk of Fame when he stopped to point at a pole bristling with parking signs.

Quote"It's predatory signage," said Wattles' companion, whom he called his "ghostwriter."

Quote"It's gotcha signage," Wattles said, turning to his friend. "How's that? Is that better?"

Quote"No, predatory signage," the friend corrected him.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

NE2

What's wrong with the example? All I can see is that the days of the week are rather small and there's no info about 3 to 8/11 AM. Otherwise it's pretty damn obvious what it means.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

roadfro

I think the better question is why there are so many varied parking restrictions in one area in the first place. It seems some uniformity would help, and potentially require less signs--easy to remember, easy to read, easy to enforce.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.