News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Pennsylvania

Started by Alex, March 07, 2009, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

MASTERNC

Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 21, 2022, 12:41:10 PM
PennDOT - Statewide News: Gov. Wolf Announces $47.8 Million Investment in 56 Multimodal Projects to Improve Safety, Mobility, Local Economies

PennDOT - Statewide News: Public Invited to Learn About Progress on Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Investments in Electric Vehicle Charging

PennDOT - Statewide News: Governor Wolf Announces 64 Transportation Alternatives Projects Improving Mobility and Safety in 34 Counties

Looks like one of these new projects is the loop roads at US 1 and US 202, which is severely congested.  Of course, an interchange or a CFI would be better, but at least this will give an alternative for southbound traffic (right now, the NW loop dead ends at US 1, requiring a left turn onto US 1 and a right into an office park to avoid the main intersection).

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

dzheng35

I was wondering, is it better to take I-83 to DC or US 15 to I-270? Cause my family trip involves going from Hersheypark to DC as part of a route? Thanks.

snowc

Quote from: dzheng35 on May 01, 2022, 06:42:40 PM
I was wondering, is it better to take I-83 to DC or US 15 to I-270? Cause my family trip involves going from Hersheypark to DC as part of a route? Thanks.
Take US 15 to I270.
Easier than going through Baltimore.

cockroachking

Quote from: snowc on May 02, 2022, 12:49:45 PM
Take US 15 to I270.
Just make sure to avoid I-270 during rush hour.

Ted$8roadFan

Quote from: cockroachking on May 02, 2022, 02:45:32 PM
Quote from: snowc on May 02, 2022, 12:49:45 PM
Take US 15 to I270.
Just make sure to avoid I-270 during rush hour.

Yes, I recall being stuck in a traffic jam on US 15 from traffic waiting to get on I-70/I-270.

74/171FAN

jmacswimmer

"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

(For I-78)  PennDOT - District 5 News: PennDOT Invites Public to Comment on I-78 Lenhartsville Bridge Replacement Project

QuoteThere has been an update to PennDOT's planned tolling approach for the I-78 Lenhartsville Project. Following community input and continued project analysis, PennDOT will pursue only westbound tolling at this bridge.

PennDOT - District 9 News: Notice of Public Involvement for T-434 (Maple Avenue) Bridge Replacement Project

QuoteAdditional temporary impacts necessary to construct the bridge include the removal of the Frederick A. Buza veteran memorials and placement of temporary diversion structures in the West Branch of the Susquehanna River water trail. Both the veteran memorials and the water trail will be restored to their original condition upon construction completion. The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation has determined that the project impacts to the memorials and water trail will temporarily impact the activities, features, and attributes of the resources that qualifies them for protection and have determined that use of these resources constitutes Section 4f Temporary Occupancies.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.