News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Pennsylvania

Started by Alex, March 07, 2009, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

wilbur_the_goose

What's with all the oil and chip work on PA state highways this year?   Many such projects in Chester County in 2023.

I don't remember this type of work being done in PA since I moved here 30+ years ago.

PS - PennDOT FINALLY repaved PA345 in Chester County between 401 and 23.   It had become a pothole navigation course and numerous reports to PennDot resulted in that awful spray patch technique which, of course, did nothing to help.

MASTERNC

Quote from: wilbur_the_goose on July 28, 2023, 09:47:10 AM
What's with all the oil and chip work on PA state highways this year?   Many such projects in Chester County in 2023.

I don't remember this type of work being done in PA since I moved here 30+ years ago.

PS - PennDOT FINALLY repaved PA345 in Chester County between 401 and 23.   It had become a pothole navigation course and numerous reports to PennDot resulted in that awful spray patch technique which, of course, did nothing to help.

There were a bunch in Allegheny County this year as well.  It involved a bunch of major roads that were connected to each other.

74/171FAN

Quote from: MASTERNC on July 28, 2023, 11:44:28 AM

There were a bunch in Allegheny County this year as well.  It involved a bunch of major roads that were connected to each other.

I thought that my rental car back in May got a chip on the windshield from one on PA 528 between I-79 and PA 68, but the rental car company showed that it was already there before I picked it up when I turned on the car back in.

PennDOT - Statewide News: PennDOT Reopens Key State Roads in Bucks, Northampton Counties Weeks Ahead of Schedule

Roadsguy

Quote from: MASTERNC on July 28, 2023, 11:44:28 AM

A bunch of roads in the northwest of Lebanon County were oil-and-chipped as well (Ono Rd, Heilmandale Rd, Thompson Ave, etc.). How long does it typically take them to stripe a road after oil-and-chipping it? It's been almost two months and none of these roads have been striped yet.
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

Mr. Matté

There's a random QR in the Yardley/Newtown area that was chipsealed recently though it was previously asphalt surface before and I don't recall being in particularly bad shape. When I'm out that way, I'm on my bike, but I expect chipseal on the random municipal and county roads of Hunterdon County or Hopewell Township, not of roads south of the fall line.

wilbur_the_goose

The chipped roads are quite a bit noisier, both when in the car and not.   

I hope this doesn't go down as another crazy idea like the 3' wide strips that were dug-out and repaved.   Those never worked - big potholes along the edges.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

(For I-476)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Construction Scheduled on I-476 North Ramp to MacDade Boulevard in Ridley Township

(For I-83 and I-283)  PennDOT - District 8 News: Closure this Weekend on SB I-83 in the Harrisburg Region

(For I-81 and PA 174)  PennDOT - District 8 News: Rolling Stops Tomorrow on I-81 Near Shippensburg, Cumberland County

(For PA 73)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Pipeline Inspection, Repair Planned on Route 73 (Skippack Pike) in Whitemarsh Township

PennDOT - Statewide News: PennDOT Announces New 511PA Features Ahead of the Little League World Series

PennDOT - District 5 News: Northampton County: Upcoming Road Work

QuoteCounty:  Northampton
Municipality:  -
Road name:  PA 191 to PA 33 South Ramp
Between:  - and -
Type of work:  Construction
Work being done by:  PennDOT Contractor
Type of restriction:  24 Hours
Restriction:  Ramp will be closed and detoured for pavement rehabilitation work. Work begins on Friday at 7pm  and runs until Monday at 6am. Detour will utilize PA 33 North to Belfast Exit to PA 33 South.
Start date:  8/11/23
Est completion date:  8/14/23
Restrictions in effect (time of day):  07:00 PM To 06:00 AM
Will rain cause delays?  No
Change/Update: 

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.