News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Indirect control cities

Started by TheStranger, August 19, 2010, 06:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzcarp

Quote from: ran4sh on May 10, 2023, 04:24:13 PM
I-70 should really swap with I-270 east of Frederick, since Washington is the more important destination

True, unfortunately, that Washington is the more important destination. Alternately, run I-68 to DC as it's the "National Freeway" west of I-70.
So many miles and so many roads

Flint1979

Saginaw should be a control city on I-69. It's 30 miles off it so it makes sense right?

hobsini2

Quote from: Flint1979 on May 11, 2023, 05:45:50 PM
Saginaw should be a control city on I-69. It's 30 miles off it so it makes sense right?
Let's not get carried away Flint. :)
My only point in bringing up Atlanta for I-16 was that if you continue in that same trajectory, Atlanta does make sense as a control for I-16. I do believe Macon should also remain since it is a legit city and at a major junction.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Flint1979

Quote from: hobsini2 on May 11, 2023, 07:18:11 PM
Quote from: Flint1979 on May 11, 2023, 05:45:50 PM
Let's not get carried away Flint. :)
My only point in bringing up Atlanta for I-16 was that if you continue in that same trajectory, Atlanta does make sense as a control for I-16. I do believe Macon should also remain since it is a legit city and at a major junction.
This was a knock on having Albany, Georgia as a control city on I-75.

SkyPesos

Quote from: ran4sh on May 10, 2023, 04:24:13 PM
I-70 should really swap with I-270 east of Frederick, since Washington is the more important destination
Initially, both DC and Baltimore got a suffix of I-70 (I-70N for Baltimore and I-70S for DC). Imo one of the suffixed splits that actually make sense, as they're in the same urban area and both major cities. Eventually, the suffixes had to be dropped because I-70 isn't I-35, and Baltimore got mainline I-70 as they were still planning their section to I-95 then while DC's was canceled already.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.