News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

CA-12 in Sonoma County the scene of Windows XP hill wallpaper

Started by bing101, January 02, 2022, 12:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Windows-XP-Bliss-Hill-Sonoma-Charles-O-Rear-15976588.php
This is an interesting history of Microsoft and it's off a road I visited before but never knew the Windows XP Hill was there.

Techknow

Yes I have wondered this as well. There's a video where someone commented that the photographer shot the photo for the wallpaper at a perfect time.

Without spoiling, here is the comment in the video: LINK

The good news is that the author of the above video recreated the wallpaper by visiting the Palouse region in eastern Washington. I love to visit there one day!

bing101

Quote from: Techknow on January 02, 2022, 06:12:37 PM
Yes I have wondered this as well. There's a video where someone commented that the photographer shot the photo for the wallpaper at a perfect time.

Without spoiling, here is the comment in the video: LINK

The good news is that the author of the above video recreated the wallpaper by visiting the Palouse region in eastern Washington. I love to visit there one day!

I would have picked rural Ireland or rural New Zealand as a guess for the Windows XP Hill never Sonoma County, CA given that there are vines in the area. I been through the area before but never seen it as a green grass.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.