News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Concurrencies where the highways split off in the same direction both times

Started by thspfc, April 08, 2022, 12:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crown Victoria

US 1 and US 13 in Philadelphia, on Roosevelt Boulevard.

US 6 and US 322 from Conneaut Lake to Meadville.

PA 54 and PA 901 near Mount Carmel.

Historically, PA 54 and PA 61 from Mount Carmel, through Centralia, to Ashland...an example with roads signed in different directions. PA 54 was rerouted in the late 1990s to bypass Centralia and Mount Carmel, creating the above PA 54-PA 901 example.

Another example of roads signed in different directions, this time in North Carolina: US 23 and US 74 from Dillsboro to Clyde.

A same-direction concurrency this time: US 64 and US 74 from Cleveland TN to Murphy NC.

Hobart

US 12 in the Gary, Indiana area forks off of US-20, takes a different street to IN-912 (Cline Avenue), enters Cline Avenue, and exits back onto US 20 leading into Gary.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.6262102,-87.4438283,14z
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

zzcarp

US 20 and US 6 from Lakewood to Public Square in Cleveland, OH.

While Colorado signs concurrencies badly, there's at least a couple of examples here:
US 40/287 along I-70 from eastern Aurora to Limon
US 40 along I-70 (and technically US 6) from Empire Junction east to the foot of Floyd Hill (east of Idaho Springs)

It's a super-technicality, but US 87/I-25 works from Raton, NM through Colorado to Cheyenne, WY.

US 85 and I-25 also works on the north side of Cheyenne, WY.

US 30 and I-80 in Wyoming happens a couple times: from Green Bluffs to Cheyenne, from Cheyenne to Laramie, from Walcott to Little America. US 287 overlaps both I-80/US 30 from Walcott to Rawlins.
So many miles and so many roads

US 89

Quote from: zzcarp on April 13, 2022, 01:03:48 AM
It's a super-technicality, but US 87/I-25 works from Raton, NM through Colorado to Cheyenne, WY.

Cheyenne? 87 stays on 25 all the way up to Glenrock.

TheStranger

IIRC all of US 101's concurrencies with Route 1 in California have 1 splitting to the west and 101 splitting to the east.

Route 1 and Route 135 (former US 101 for most of it, but not in this section) in Orcutt split off in such a manner as well.

I-280 and Route 35 between San Mateo and San Bruno

Route 79 and I-15 in Temecula
Chris Sampang

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.