News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

OceanGate Titan submersible vehicle and crew presumed lost near Titanic wreckage

Started by Billy F 1988, June 22, 2023, 07:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 29, 2023, 11:21:25 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on June 29, 2023, 11:08:07 PM
Quote from: jgb191 on June 29, 2023, 08:41:21 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on June 22, 2023, 10:24:59 PM
It sucks that he didn't learn at a younger age that doing what your dad says isn't always a great idea.

Yeah I wish I had learn that lesson sooner myself.....but that's for whole 'nother story entirely so I'll just leave it at that.

Mine convinced me buying a PT Cruiser was a good idea.

Funny how the HHR despite being a copy of the PT has come out of that era somewhat cleanly remembered. 

Dad traded his own PT Cruiser (black, with purple flames) for an orange HHR.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

abefroman329

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 29, 2023, 11:21:25 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on June 29, 2023, 11:08:07 PM
Quote from: jgb191 on June 29, 2023, 08:41:21 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on June 22, 2023, 10:24:59 PM
It sucks that he didn't learn at a younger age that doing what your dad says isn't always a great idea.

Yeah I wish I had learn that lesson sooner myself.....but that's for whole 'nother story entirely so I'll just leave it at that.

Mine convinced me buying a PT Cruiser was a good idea.

Funny how the HHR despite being a copy of the PT has come out of that era somewhat cleanly remembered.
Not by me - I remember both cars being so shitty, they made up a good chunk of rental agencies' fleets for years.

Max Rockatansky

The one HHR model that always intrigued me was the SS panel van.  That's something that shouldn't exist but does.

abefroman329

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 30, 2023, 09:38:09 AM
The one HHR model that always intrigued me was the SS panel van.  That's something that shouldn't exist but does.
Now that you mention it, yeah, wth.

Scott5114

Is that the one that doesn't have any back windows? That's the one my dad has.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 30, 2023, 08:07:06 PM

Is that the one that doesn't have any back windows? That's the one my dad has.

Yes, but with the 2.0 LNF Ecotech Turbo.

WillWeaverRVA

Well, this article by the New Yorker is something else. It seems the Rubik's Cube thing was probably a way for the 19 year old to rationalize going on the dive. But holy shit what a clusterfuck this whole process was from beginning to end.

It was literally this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8-2-eMdWrM
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.