Since Ohio has a law concerning disolving villages, lets put it to use.

Started by Hot Rod Hootenanny, January 15, 2012, 09:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

mgk920

There are some here in Wisconsin that such a law could well be used on, too.  And here, I'd expand such a law to include the townships.

Mike

vtk

What would happen if a township dissolves? Would it become part of an adjacent township, perhaps chosen by voters?
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

triplemultiplex

Wow that's so weird.  I recently completed a map that has Orient, Ohio on it.  It certainly did strike me as an extremely small town to be incorporated.  I actually noticed the large speed humps that were mentioned in the article on aerial photographs.  And no offense to anyone who lives there, but from the air, it looks pretty trashy.  Lots of lawns covered in disabled vehicles and other crap.

Per the last census, Wisconsin has 8 incorporated places with less than 100 people; mostly Up North.  But at the same time, one of our most popular tourist destinations, Minocqua, is unincorporated.  There are traffic signals, four lane divided roadways and even one-way streets. Go figure.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: triplemultiplex on May 02, 2012, 08:45:51 PM
Wow that's so weird.  I recently completed a map that has Orient, Ohio on it.  It certainly did strike me as an extremely small town to be incorporated.  I actually noticed the large speed humps that were mentioned in the article on aerial photographs.  And no offense to anyone who lives there, but from the air, it looks pretty trashy.  Lots of lawns covered in disabled vehicles and other crap.

No worse than Marengo, Sparta, or Fulton up here in Morrow County. (30-40 miles north of Columbus)
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Brandon

Quote from: vtk on May 02, 2012, 09:47:43 AM
What would happen if a township dissolves? Would it become part of an adjacent township, perhaps chosen by voters?

Beats me.  In Illinois, a township, by definition, is unincorporated.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

mgk920

Quote from: triplemultiplex on May 02, 2012, 08:45:51 PM

Per the last census, Wisconsin has 8 incorporated places with less than 100 people; mostly Up North.  But at the same time, one of our most popular tourist destinations, Minocqua, is unincorporated.  There are traffic signals, four lane divided roadways and even one-way streets. Go figure.

I have always thought that the Minocqua-Woodruff area (the whole area, including Woodruff, is unincorporated) should be incorporated as a 'City of Lakeland', with such city to include a broad area of lakes and resort areas that surrounds it, perhaps to be the largest land-area city in the state.

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.