New A&E Series: Last Chance Driving School

Started by DaBigE, April 07, 2012, 02:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBigE

For those of you who enjoy A&E's Parking Wars, you may want to check this series out:

http://www.aetv.com/last-chance-driving-school/

Premieres Saturday, April 14th, 10/9C
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

Brandon

^^ Looks like driving on the Chicago expressways and tollways on a daily basis.  :wow:  :-o
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

US71

Quote from: DaBigE on April 07, 2012, 02:24:33 PM
For those of you who enjoy A&E's Parking Wars, you may want to check this series out:

In other news, A&E announces they're out of good show ideas. :p
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

DaBigE

Quote from: US71 on April 08, 2012, 04:30:43 PM

Expect TruTV to follow-up with a cheesier version a couple weeks later... :pan:

bulldog1979

Quote from: DaBigE on April 08, 2012, 07:07:11 PM

Kind of like how Storage Wars got ripped off with Auction Hunters by Spike?

texaskdog

and now "Sold" on History.  I don't mind most of these shows except the really fake ones.  Operation Repo is the worst.  I really enjoyed Undercover Boss but quickly got sick of the "formula" (i.e. I gave $50,000 to these 4 employees I worked with who all had hard luck cases they told me about the day I met them).  One I really like now is "Restaurant Stakeout"

DaBigE

Quote from: bulldog1979 on April 10, 2012, 06:08:09 AM
Quote from: DaBigE on April 08, 2012, 07:07:11 PM

Kind of like how Storage Wars got ripped off with Auction Hunters by Spike?

And TruTV has Storage Hunters, the closest (and IMO, worst) ripoff to Storage Wars.  A&E didn't make things any better by creating their own spinoff with the Texas version.

texaskdog

Texas one is the only one I like.  But I hate the trend that when one show is a hit, everyone has to try to copy it.  Like all the fake Pawn Stars shows.

hobsini2

I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

DaBigE

Quote from: texaskdog on April 10, 2012, 10:14:03 AM
Texas one is the only one I like.  But I hate the trend that when one show is a hit, everyone has to try to copy it.  Like all the fake Pawn Stars shows.

With the exception of preferring the original Storage Wars, I agree.

Quote from: hobsini2 on April 10, 2012, 06:42:51 PM
I love "Shipping Wars".

Ditto.  I wish they would hurry up with some new episodes.  I'm beginning to be able to recite all of the re-runs word-for-word.

texaskdog

I guess I like the Texas storage wars most since I live in Texas, and the crazy redneck lady & Bubba/Ricky are so stereotypical Texan

DaBigE

I enjoy them too, as well as Victor, but I absolutely cannot take any more Moe.  There's something about him that annoys the crap out of me. :banghead:  He's what drove me away from that show.  I'd rather listen to another "YUUUUP!" from Dave (but not by much).

hbelkins

I'm sure others noticed the incorrect reference to Jamestown, ND when they were actually in Jamestown, NY. The NY 17, I-86 and STE signage was a dead giveaway.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

DaBigE

Anyone else watch the series premiere?

I didn't think it was too bad, but I can see it getting old very fast.  A couple of the drivers almost made me want to contact the driving school and tell them that they're doing all of us a disservice by trying to get some of those people licenses.  The blond with the purse dog and cell phone shouldn't come anywhere remotely near a driver's seat. :wow:

allniter89

Quote from: DaBigE on April 07, 2012, 02:24:33 PM

IMHO, I cant see this one lasting long.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

bulkyorled

Saw it, kinda funny but at the same time it looks just like every other A&E show. Stupid people who get mad at other stupid people for doing stupid things. Its like their other show Parking Wars but on the move instead of parked.
Your local illuminated sign enthusiast

Signs Im looking for: CA only; 1, 2, 14, 118, 134, 170, 210 (CA), and any california city illuminated sign.

texaskdog

Quote from: DaBigE on April 11, 2012, 01:54:25 PM
I enjoy them too, as well as Victor, but I absolutely cannot take any more Moe.  There's something about him that annoys the crap out of me. :banghead:  He's what drove me away from that show.  I'd rather listen to another "YUUUUP!" from Dave (but not by much).

Only thing I like about Victor is he gets off on annoying the old redneck lady

triplemultiplex

The fact that there are multiple shows where a pack of vultures pick over the carcass of somebody's life is definitive proof that there are too many channels.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

DaBigE

Quote from: triplemultiplex on April 17, 2012, 04:45:47 PM
The fact that there are multiple shows where a pack of vultures pick over the carcass of somebody's life is definitive proof that there are too many channels.

I think that point was made well before any storage vulture shows aired.  Seriously, how many more seasons of American Idol can their be?? :confused:  With the ever-shortening attention-span of US teens, I don't see how they haven't lost interest in that show yet.  At least Storage Wars and to a lesser extent, Parking Wars makes an attempt at comedy with "reality".

bulkyorled

I don't know anyone who watched American Idol anymore. Everyone's welcome to their opinion but the season where Kris Allen won over Adam Lambert was the final straw. It wasnt the only season where good people got kicked off way too early and the same old boring singer whos good but wont be a star won. I like these others like The Voice that stir it up a little and do a new thing. I dunno how that's still on.

I've been watching Parking Wars like crazy. It makes me wanna be the boot guy but I don't think they really put boots on cars that much in Los Angeles :( Never seen one in real life here but on the show Operation Repo they had a car they needed to tow that had a boot.

Also any opinion on Operation Repo? I have their facebook page liked and people say its scripted but it seems a little too raw to be scripted to me... I love that they do it in the San Fernando Valley cause that's where I am.
Your local illuminated sign enthusiast

Signs Im looking for: CA only; 1, 2, 14, 118, 134, 170, 210 (CA), and any california city illuminated sign.

DaBigE

Quote from: bulkyorled on April 18, 2012, 02:39:01 AM
Also any opinion on Operation Repo? I have their facebook page liked and people say its scripted but it seems a little too raw to be scripted to me... I love that they do it in the San Fernando Valley cause that's where I am.

I used to watch it, but it's another show that got old, fast.  It seems too fake and staged.  I know they're supposed to be reenactments of actual events, but to me, that reinforces the need for better actors.  I find the same to be true with Hardcore Pawn--much prefer History's Pawn Stars.  TruTV overall seems to be the 'scraping the bottom of the barrel network', full of other networks' copied ideas.

hbelkins

Lizard Lick Towning >>>>> Operation Repo.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

texaskdog

Repo took about 3 shows before I realized how fake it was.  Someone ALWAYS runs out at the exact moment of the tow.  Probably the fakest of the fake "reality" shows.

Idol picks the less obvious winner to create controversy, and stir up buzz.  Clay was never going to beat Ruben!

DaBigE

Quote from: hbelkins on April 18, 2012, 09:55:38 AM
Lizard Lick Towning >>>>> Operation Repo.

Agreed.  I can't think of the exact name of it, but Spike's quiz-show version repo show is much more entertaining than Op Repo.

algorerhythms

I saw that once. I think it's called "Repo Games." It's actually quite amusing. Take the dumbest people you can imagine, and put them on an easy version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.