News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

RIP Donald J. Sobol

Started by 1995hoo, July 17, 2012, 09:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1995hoo

Who? I imagine most of you probably read the Encyclopedia Brown books at some point when you were growing up. Sobol was the author.

I loved those books when I was a little kid–well, the first 13 of them. I see from an online listing that a bunch more were published after I had outgrown them.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Special K

I think I had a perfect record for solving each mystery.  I don't think I've ready every book, though.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

agentsteel53

ah, TV tropes.

if no one hears from me for a week, send a search party.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Scott5114

Quote from: agentsteel53 on July 17, 2012, 02:24:08 PM
ah, TV tropes.

if no one hears from me for a week, send a search party.

xkcd named it a "browser narcotic". Seems like an apt description.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

agentsteel53

I've heard the term "supercritical": for every page you visit, you will open, on average, more than one link in a new tab for future reading.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

formulanone

Bonus points if you inadvertently open the same TV Tropes link in two different tabs in your browser.

The monomyth opened up my world to movies, and TV Tropes killed it, leaving a beautiful corpse. Can't watch anything new anymore...

Darkchylde

TV Tropes ruined my life! It's true. :P

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.