User Content > Road Trips

Can you drive the Blue Ridge Parkway from south to north in one day?

<< < (12/12)

D-Dey65:

--- Quote from: Rothman on August 07, 2022, 04:12:52 PM ---If you're including Skyline Drive, the drive through Shenandoah National Park is spectacular.

Speed is strictly enforced, used to be 35 mph.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for reminding me. My parents (actually my father) drove my family up the Skyline Drive 41 years ago. It was really the only part I've ever been on. But the 35 mph speed limit was a pain in the ass to put up with, despite the mountainous terrain justifying it.

Also, even though they're also strict about the passenger cars only rule, I saw a motorhome on the parkway.

Rothman:
There isn't a passenger car only rule on the BRP.

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: D-Dey65 on October 22, 2023, 11:11:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on August 07, 2022, 04:12:52 PM ---If you're including Skyline Drive, the drive through Shenandoah National Park is spectacular.

Speed is strictly enforced, used to be 35 mph.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for reminding me. My parents (actually my father) drove my family up the Skyline Drive 41 years ago. It was really the only part I've ever been on. But the 35 mph speed limit was a pain in the ass to put up with, despite the mountainous terrain justifying it.

Also, even though they're also strict about the passenger cars only rule, I saw a motorhome on the parkway.

--- End quote ---

The ban is only for commercial vehicles -- or vehicles that can fit through the tunnels. Motorhomes are perfectly fine.

Daniel Fiddler:
If you're trying to make the drive as fast as possible, that's what I-26 and I-81 is for.

Take it slow, enjoy the ride.

And go ahead and drive Skyline Drive as an extension while you're at it if you have the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version