News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

SEPA Road Enthusiast Meet

Started by PAHighways, May 19, 2010, 10:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAHighways

WHEN:  6/19 @ 12 PM
WHERE:  Sly Fox Brewhouse & Eatery - http://www.slyfoxbeer.com/

The meet will feature the usual lunch, looking at maps, conversation, etc. at the home of Route 113 Indian Pale Ale, on what else, PA 113 in Phoenixville.  After lunch we will head east on PA 23 and skirt the northern edge of the Valley Forge National Historical Park en route to tour the Philadelphia Traffic Management Center at the District 6-0 headquarters in King of Prussia.  The tour will continue eastward on PA 23 to the stub end of the Schuylkill Parkway, then south to view the Blue Route reconstruction, then north to see the rehabilitation of the PA 309/Fort Washington Expressway and conclude with construction of the US 202 Parkway.  For the rundown, and to keep up-to-date on any changes, click on http://www.pahighways.com/meets/philadelphia.html.  Directions, agenda, and e-mail link if interested are located there.  Please RSVP by June 12 so that I can give District 6-0 and the restaurant a total.

froggie

Duty weekend.  Sorry but won't make it.

Alex

Am planning on a trip to visit friends and family in Delaware in late June/early July. My schedule will bring me to the northeast one week after the SE PA meet unfortunately.

Ian

UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

akotchi

My son's high school graduation party is that day, so (unfortunately) I cannot make it.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

yanksfan6129

I'll try to make it. I have pros and cons to weigh...

Pro: Assuming I pass my driving test on June 14th, I'll actually be able to attend this meet on my own!

Con: I need a car.

Pro: There are only 3 days left of school after this meet.

Con: Two of those days I am taking finals, so I may need to weekend to study.

I'll be sure to find out if I can attend ASAP.

agentsteel53

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

yanksfan6129

I'm going to be getting a car at some point in the future, but likely not until the end of the summer, so if I go to the meet alone, that would mean for 1 day my dad wouldn't have his car...

So I don't know.

Dougtone

I'm planning to make an appearance at the meet.

hbelkins

RSVP sent. Hopefully I won't have anything come up that precludes my attendance. Knocking on wood that the critters stay healthy and that there are no more illnesses or deaths in the family. Looking forward to clinching the counties in Maryland and New Jersey on this trip, as well as shaking down the roadtrip-worthiness of my new vehicle. I'll finally be able to drive on some of the tours instead of hitching a ride.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

CanesFan27

If anyone is interested in going to the Phillies/Twins game the Friday night prior - send me a note!

Ian

Quote from: CanesFan27 on May 22, 2010, 06:13:29 PM
If anyone is interested in going to the Phillies/Twins game the Friday night prior - send me a note!

I wish I could go, but I don't have the money unfortunately.
Youtube l Flickr

CanesFan27

Nevermind the game is sold out.

hbelkins

Quote from: CanesFan27 on May 22, 2010, 10:23:29 PM

Just as well. I haven't done MLB since the '94 strike.

Phillies-Twins? How did that interleague rivalry come into being?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

agentsteel53

Quote from: hbelkins on May 23, 2010, 12:24:07 AM

it's the best they can do to replicate that famous Pirates-Senators rivalry of '25.

(in other words: don't ask me, it's pretty random!)
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

jdb1234

Quote from: hbelkins on May 23, 2010, 12:24:07 AM
Quote from: CanesFan27 on May 22, 2010, 10:23:29 PM

Just as well. I haven't done MLB since the '94 strike.

The teams in the NL East (like the Phillies) are matched up with the teams in the AL Central (like the Twins) in interleague play this season.

NJRoadfan

I'll be in NC that week. Even if I left a day earlier for the meet, I would be in no shape for a road meet after all that driving.

Roadgeek Adam

I should have my RSVP in a day or two (making sure transportation is straightened out first)
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Dougtone

If anyone is interested in attending a baseball game after the meet (even if you can't make the meet itself), a few of us are planning to catch a Reading Phillies game, which will be at 6:35pm.  Tickets will be roughly $10 a person, which can be paid for at the stadium itself.  Inquire within.

Ian

Quote from: Dougtone on June 08, 2010, 08:30:40 PM
If anyone is interested in attending a baseball game after the meet (even if you can't make the meet itself), a few of us are planning to catch a Reading Phillies game, which will be at 6:35pm.  Tickets will be roughly $10 a person, which can be paid for at the stadium itself.  Inquire within.

I unfortunately cannot. I may be catching a Wilmington Blue Rocks game that night.
Youtube l Flickr

Roadgeek Adam

I've gotten the go-ahead to come to the Reading Phillies game.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

mightyace

I'd like to go, but with spending $$$ to visit my Dad in May and the NASCAR races in Charlotte (Memorial Day) and Daytona (July 3rd), I'm too tapped out.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

CanesFan27

A few of us out of towners will be going into South Philadelphia Friday Night for some of the famous cheesesteaks. (Geno's, Pat's, or Cosmi's Deli)  If you are interested in joining us, drop me a line.

Also, if anyone would like to join some of us in going to Independence National Historic Site prior to the meet Saturday Morning.

Duke87

So, what size crowd are we expecting?
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

PAHighways

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.