News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Delaware

Started by Alex, February 11, 2009, 10:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonytone

Quote from: jeffandnicole on February 07, 2020, 10:53:06 AM
Quote from: Tonytone on February 06, 2020, 04:05:37 PM
I wondered how they were gonna do that intersection with the gas lines right there. I guess we know now. LOL.

Everything can be moved.  It's just how much money they want to spend dealing with it!

Thats very true. I wonder what cane first though, the pipes or the riverfront?!

iPhone
Promoting Cities since 1998!

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Tonytone on February 07, 2020, 11:19:28 AM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on February 07, 2020, 10:53:06 AM
Quote from: Tonytone on February 06, 2020, 04:05:37 PM
I wondered how they were gonna do that intersection with the gas lines right there. I guess we know now. LOL.

Everything can be moved.  It's just how much money they want to spend dealing with it!

Thats very true. I wonder what cane first though, the pipes or the riverfront?!

iPhone

Based on where they're located in that pic, they were probably moved to that location during a previous construction project.

They are constantly moving things around in that Waterfront area. I was there back in the mid-90's when Kanunaville was the big - and really only - player in that area.  I think it was easier to get around then because the road basically led you there, unlike today where it seems anything involves 3 or 4 turns at lights that will never be synced properly!

ixnay

Quote from: Tonytone on February 07, 2020, 11:18:01 AM
Image 2 is the new bus depot for Dart, by the train station.

Looking at GSV, as recently as June 2018, the bus depot site (Walnut [US Bus. 13 NB] and Front Sts.) was home to Hertz, Avis, Budget, and Enterprise used car lots.  Where did they move to?

Also this will be an intercity bus depot, right?  Or will DART have a major presence as well?

ixnay
The Washington/Baltimore/Arlington CSA has two Key Bridges, a Minnesota Avenue, and a Mannasota Avenue.

Tonytone

Quote from: ixnay on February 07, 2020, 08:31:48 PM

Looking at GSV, as recently as June 2018, the bus depot site (Walnut [US Bus. 13 NB] and Front Sts.) was home to Hertz, Avis, Budget, and Enterprise used car lots.  Where did they move to?

Also this will be an intercity bus depot, right?  Or will DART have a major presence as well?

ixnay
You know thats a good question, I have no idea where those businesses moved.

It will be the official Dart bus station & maybe even the bolt bus & Chinese bus stop as well.

I wish they would have built a connector bridge to the train station, to add connectivity.

iPhone

MASTERNC

ixnay

They moved the rental cars to a surface lot that had been used for paid parking.  It has made parking at the station much more difficult (I had to park on the street to catch a train to a meeting and have a co-worker move my car into our office garage because all the garages were full).

Tonytone

Quote from: MASTERNC on February 09, 2020, 04:57:53 PM

ixnay

They moved the rental cars to a surface lot that had been used for paid parking.  It has made parking at the station much more difficult (I had to park on the street to catch a train to a meeting and have a co-worker move my car into our office garage because all the garages were full).
They have like 3 parking garages in front of the train station dont they? They were all full!?? Thats crazy that definitely means it's time for some skyscrapers & underground parking.

iPhone

MASTERNC

Quote from: Tonytone on February 09, 2020, 11:13:03 PM
Quote from: MASTERNC on February 09, 2020, 04:57:53 PM

ixnay

They have like 3 parking garages in front of the train station dont they? They were all full!?? Thats crazy that definitely means it's time for some skyscrapers & underground parking.

iPhone

One is quite small, and another is only open to monthly parkers.

ixnay

Creativity behind DelDOT VMS's has become news fodder for a Salisbury TV station (and its sister serving the Delaware beaches).

https://www.wrde.com/story/41733513/meet-the-mastermind-behind-the-deldot-message-boards

ixnay
The Washington/Baltimore/Arlington CSA has two Key Bridges, a Minnesota Avenue, and a Mannasota Avenue.

ipeters61

Quote from: ixnay on February 19, 2020, 07:56:21 PM
Creativity behind DelDOT VMS's has become news fodder for a Salisbury TV station (and its sister serving the Delaware beaches).

https://www.wrde.com/story/41733513/meet-the-mastermind-behind-the-deldot-message-boards

ixnay
I used to work with Scott in my old job!  He's a really good guy.  I suggested one and apparently it was put on a VMS somewhere, but I never saw it.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on my posts on the AARoads Forum are my own and do not represent official positions of my employer.
Instagram | Clinched Map

Tonytone

https://www.reddit.com/r/Delaware/comments/fdnfok/what_in_the_world_are_they_trying_to_accomplish/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Apparently 141 has been under construction since the 70's.

If only these people knew it was their own neighbors that hold back road construction in Delaware

iPhone

ixnay

DelDOT announces plans for first Georgetown overpass, third lane

https://www.coastalpoint.com/news/business/deldot-announces-plans-for-first-georgetown-overpass-third-lane/article_f75b4684-5e47-11ea-b553-0745813c7fd0.html

This overpass would bring DE 18/404 over US 113 just east of DelTech.

ixnay

Tonytone

odditude

Quote from: Tonytone on March 10, 2020, 12:09:04 AM
I hope this means we get more trains coming & going to Delaware  :hmmm:

https://delawarebusinessnow.com/2020/03/septa-announces-schedule-changes-to-regional-rail-line/

no, it's clearly just timetable changes. the article isn't that long; it would've taken less time to just read it than to post that speculation.

Tonytone

Quote from: odditude on March 10, 2020, 01:08:35 AM
Quote from: Tonytone on March 10, 2020, 12:09:04 AM
I hope this means we get more trains coming & going to Delaware  :hmmm:

https://delawarebusinessnow.com/2020/03/septa-announces-schedule-changes-to-regional-rail-line/

no, it's clearly just timetable changes. the article isn't that long; it would've taken less time to just read it than to post that speculation.
Yea... I kinda noticed at the end its time changes due to construction "ditto"  this post

iPhone

Alex4897

It looks like DelDOT is planning on adding a dynamic shoulder lane to I-95 SB between DE 141 and DE 58 in an upcoming project that'll rehab the pavement through the marsh, as well as widen the DE 58 exit to two lanes and replace the WB yield with a traffic signal. This managed shoulder lane will be the first of its kind in the state to my knowledge.

More Info

👉😎👉

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Alex4897 on March 15, 2020, 01:47:06 PM
It looks like DelDOT is planning on adding a dynamic shoulder lane to I-95 SB between DE 141 and DE 58 in an upcoming project that'll rehab the pavement through the marsh, as well as widen the DE 58 exit to two lanes and replace the WB yield with a traffic signal. This managed shoulder lane will be the first of its kind in the state to my knowledge.

More Info

The one thing about hard shoulder running is that DelDOT should be prepared to provide significantly more and better freeway service patrol (FSP) units along that part of I-95, so that stalled vehicles and crashes can be quickly resolved or pushed to a pull-off area.  The DelDOT FSP units assigned to that area should all be 3/4 ton or 1 ton pickup trucks or wreckers with Diesel engines, heavy-duty transmissions and have heavy-duty push bumpers on the front (I have seen the DelDOT FSP trucks on the road but have not had the opportunity to look at one up-close like I have with the Maryland and Virginia trucks).
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Alex4897

Quote from: cpzilliacus on March 15, 2020, 01:51:43 PM

More Info

The one thing about hard shoulder running is that DelDOT should be prepared to provide significantly more and better freeway service patrol (FSP) units along that part of I-95, so that stalled vehicles and crashes can be quickly resolved or pushed to a pull-off area.

Absolutely, the write-up they provided talked about a closed-circuit camera system they plan to set up to allow them to monitor it continually. The straight shot through the marsh should be relatively easy to monitor, sight obstruction wise.
👉😎👉

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Tonytone on March 10, 2020, 01:11:25 AM
Absolutely, the write-up they provided talked about a closed-circuit camera system they plan to set up to allow them to monitor it continually. The straight shot through the marsh should be relatively easy to monitor, sight obstruction wise.

I edited my comments above as you posted this. 

Agree about the straight shot view there - ideally there should be cameras facing both ways on each pole, which allows the TMC operators to double check a suspected blockage from different angles. 

Wonder if DelDOT is considering a stall detection system too?
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Tonytone

Curb put in on 141 SB.

iPhone

Beltway

The one thing about hard shoulder running is that DelDOT should be prepared to provide significantly more and better freeway service patrol (FSP) units along that part of I-95, so that stalled vehicles and crashes can be quickly resolved or pushed to a pull-off area.  The DelDOT FSP units assigned to that area should all be 3/4 ton or 1 ton pickup trucks or wreckers with Diesel engines, heavy-duty transmissions and have heavy-duty push bumpers on the front (I have seen the DelDOT FSP trucks on the road but have not had the opportunity to look at one up-close like I have with the Maryland and Virginia trucks).

The state and local police vehicles need to be kept well stocked with shovels and body bags.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

Tonytone

Quote from: Beltway on March 15, 2020, 03:07:38 PM

The state and local police vehicles need to be kept well stocked with shovels and body bags.
Wait wait, FSP does provide good service to that part of 95. They clear accidents pretty quickly as well as removing objects from the road.

Shit down the road by the rest area going south on 95. This one state trooper pulls over trucks everyday in the same area.

Also why more body bags & shovels Belt? The marsh is a little further back. 

iPhone

Tonytone

More Info
Ahhh so they are gonna run the lane from the 141 C/D lane exit? All the way to the 38?

I remember saying a while ago which side would they add a lane, on the 141 side or the 295 side.

iPhone

MASTERNC

DelDOT is going AET temporarily on I-95 and Route 1 due to COVID-19.

https://deldot.gov/About/news/index.shtml?dc=release&id=8027&type=News

Alps

Quote from: MASTERNC on March 16, 2020, 08:53:59 PM

It would be really interesting if this random event causes the entire nation to end up AET in 2020 and they don't go back.

Tonytone

Quote from: Alps on March 17, 2020, 01:03:00 AM
Quote from: MASTERNC on March 16, 2020, 08:53:59 PM

It would be really interesting if this random event causes the entire nation to end up AET in 2020 and they don't go back.
NOOO! They just put the signs up for the work on De-1

WE NEED THAT 3RD LANE.

iPhone

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.