Hawaii Missile Alert Fiasco

Started by bing101, January 13, 2018, 11:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

bing101

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-hawaii-employee-not-cooperating-20180125-story.html

Here is an update the person in the center of the Alert fiasco is allegedly not cooperating with the FCC over why this incident took place.

kkt

Hm.  That's more peculiar than anything.  If it was just "I pressed the wrong button, I'm sorry" the person could just say so and probably face no criminal charges.  Refusing to cooperate leaves open speculation about even worst things.  Someone double-dog dared him?

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: kkt on January 26, 2018, 04:02:09 PM
Hm.  That's more peculiar than anything.  If it was just "I pressed the wrong button, I'm sorry" the person could just say so and probably face no criminal charges.  Refusing to cooperate leaves open speculation about even worst things.  Someone double-dog dared him?

Or could it be worse than that?
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

bing101

roadman

Quote from: kkt on January 26, 2018, 04:02:09 PM
Someone double-dog dared him?

I bet the conservation went something like this:  "Listen smart^$$, my old man says if you push the "this is for real" button, you're gonna create a huge panic and p!$$ a lot op people off."

"Oh yeah, you're full of beans and so's your old man.  What would he know about it anyway?"
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

ZLoth

From The Verge:

Hawaii emergency worker behind false missile alert said he thought the state was really under attack
QuoteThe emergency alert worker who sent a false ballistic missile alert to Hawaii residents told officials that he believed the state was actually under attack, according to a preliminary report from the FCC.

The FCC's report is a bizarre development in the incident, which left people scrambling after receiving a message about incoming missiles. After the false alert, the state attributed the incident to an accident, and said the worker had selected the wrong option in a drop-down menu.
FULL ARTICLE HERE
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.