News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

I-40 Lonoke County : New Exit?

Started by US71, January 16, 2014, 11:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

I noticed a couple weeks ago what appears to be a new exit under construction on I-40 near Lonoke (approx Mile 173). I've not been able to find any info on this. Can you offer any updates/details?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kinupanda

It appears to be an interchange for AR 89.

Any information on how feasible the March completion date is?

AHTD

Yes, we are replacing the existing overpass with a full interchange.

If you go to our new travel and construction information web site www.idrivearkansas.com, you can get up-to-date information on completion dates for all of our projects. Click on any of the orange lines and a dialog box will appear with the relevant information.

As for the anticipated completion date for this project, we are still projecting early 2014. Project data on iDrive Arkansas is the latest information because that data is directly updated by our construction division. Remember projected completion dates can change due to a variety of factors.
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

cjk374

I clicked the project happening on US 71 from the LA line to Doddridge.  The information box popped up with the information and an AR 71 shield!   :pan:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

AHTD

Correct!

In very general terms, as far as project tracking and development, this "new alignment" is listed as U.S. 71 because it is somewhat of a new alignment for that highway.

Although U.S. 71 won't go away, this is how its tracked. Look at the future I-49 section in Barling - signed the same way. And the part of the Bella Vista bypass that's under construction is listed that way too.

codyg1985

The I-69 project around Monticello shows up as US 69 as well.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

AHTD

Quote from: codyg1985 on January 21, 2014, 07:37:07 AM
The I-69 project around Monticello shows up as US 69 as well.

This has been corrected.

Thanks to you and a few others, we are addressing this. For now we removed the route marker on the dialog box. Once planning decides what this route will be signed for the interim, we'll update the data.

The project in southwest Arkansas from Doddridge to the Louisiana state line has been corrected from AR71 to U.S. 71. Internally this project is tracked as U.S. 71 new alignment, which is why it is signed U.S. 71 on IDrive Arkansas.

EVERYONE is encouraged to report errors they find on IDrive Arkansas. You can do so in this forum or you can report a problem directly here: http://www.idrivearkansas.com/contact/feedback/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.