“Beverly Hills, 90210” star Luke Perry dies at 52

Started by LM117, March 04, 2019, 02:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

cjk374

Did not see that one coming.  I am 7 years younger than he was. Just goes to show that you never know when your time is nigh.

RIP Luke.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

hbelkins

Quote from: cjk374 on March 04, 2019, 04:11:38 PM
Did not see that one coming.  I am 7 years younger than he was. Just goes to show that you never know when your time is nigh.

RIP Luke.

I heard late last week that he'd had a stroke and was in the hospital. I will admit to watching "90210" when it was on. Got turned on to it by a friend who called it "the best show on television" at that time. I don't know that I would go that far, but it was decent. They had one definite "jump the shark" moment when the bus went straight through the person standing in the road without hurting them in a Christmastime episode (I think I got the gist of the story right) and then it was a stretch to replace Brenda Walsh with cousin Valerie.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

nexus73

My best friend went to Beverly Hills HS.  Their nickname is the Normans with the colors being orange and black.  Go inside their gym and you will discover the floor covers a pool.  When it comes to football, Beverly Hills sucks rutabagas as bad as anyone could suck rutabagas.  One season saw them score a single TD is three games while getting shut out in the rest.  On the other hand their basketball team and those which do the "Olympic" sports are competitive.

Since my friend was not from the "rich and famous" crowd, he felt incredibly isolated socially as a student there.  His parents had bought an apartment complex in Beverly Hills back in the Fifties, which is why he wound up attending the school.

Never did watch the show though.

Rick 
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

hbelkins

The fictional high school was "West Beverly." I can't remember who their major fictional rival was.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

nexus73

Quote from: hbelkins on March 06, 2019, 11:53:20 AM
The fictional high school was "West Beverly." I can't remember who their major fictional rival was.

Back in the day, BHHS's rival was Fairfax.  Since the Jewish population was high for both schools, their football game was called "The Nose Bowl".  The CIF, which controls high school athletics, shifts schools around a lot.  Between so many new ones plus trying to maintain a competitive balance, that is why such happens.  So no more rivalry with Fairfax....

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.