News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

GNYT5c - Post Mortem - December 25 - 30 2021

Started by snowc, November 07, 2021, 06:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 05, 2021, 08:14:32 AM
Quote from: thspfc on December 04, 2021, 11:03:51 AM
Quote from: 1995hoo on November 12, 2021, 02:43:42 PM
Speaking of winter weather and Colorado: Even though I'm unlikely to do it, how realistic would it be to drive from Virginia to Sacramento during the second week of February in a car equipped with all-season tires? Would I probably have to go south via I-40 and then head north to Sacramento in order to avoid problems in the mountains through Colorado or Wyoming?
Not unrealistic. Winter weather could delay you by a day at most. I-70 west of Denver is almost always plowed well.

Wouldn't it depend on the size of the storm(s)? It's not like they're all the same.
I imagine that's why the phrase "almost always" was used.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: vdeane on December 05, 2021, 03:40:27 PM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 05, 2021, 08:14:32 AM
Quote from: thspfc on December 04, 2021, 11:03:51 AM
Quote from: 1995hoo on November 12, 2021, 02:43:42 PM
Speaking of winter weather and Colorado: Even though I'm unlikely to do it, how realistic would it be to drive from Virginia to Sacramento during the second week of February in a car equipped with all-season tires? Would I probably have to go south via I-40 and then head north to Sacramento in order to avoid problems in the mountains through Colorado or Wyoming?
Not unrealistic. Winter weather could delay you by a day at most. I-70 west of Denver is almost always plowed well.

Wouldn't it depend on the size of the storm(s)? It's not like they're all the same.
I imagine that's why the phrase "almost always" was used.

I would hope so! But not even there. It's a big country; any storm can cause issues throughout the nation.

D-Dey65

The only snow I encountered during my NYC trip was a brief dusting that melted later on in the day. So, unless it starts snowing in the Tampa Bay Area this winter, there's no chance of me driving through any snow this year or the next.

Does anyone remember when former President Obama scoffed at Washington D.C.'s criteria for declaring snow days?

He didn't seem to understand that kids couldn't take the L to school so easily in DC.

snowc

Folks
Updated thread OP to reflect recent changes to GNYT!
I did eventually go there during my absence from the forum.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.