News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

(CBC) Yellowhead Highway logo looks like Donald Trump

Started by dmuzika, May 18, 2017, 12:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmuzika

A lighter article about how the Yellowhead Highway logo (used on TCH 16 through BC, AB, SK, and MB; as well as BC 5) looks like Donald Trump.

QuoteCan't unsee: Western Canadians find Trump's image in highway signs
There's a psychological reason people are seeing the president in places he shouldn't be
By Andrew Kurjata, CBC News

Some travellers along western Canada's Yellowhead Highway have noticed the route's logo bears a striking resemblance to U.S. President Donald Trump – and there's a good psychological reason behind it, according to experts.

"It's freaky how much it really looks like him," said Winnipeg singer-songwriter Scott Nolan, who pointed out the similarities on social media.

The logo depicts a yellow silhouette of a man's head, with a distinctive tuft of hair on top.

Nolan was on tour with a friend when he noticed the resemblance.

"We're used to kind of messing with each other and I said to him, 'God, can you believe that Donald Trump? He's insisted we put him on all of our Canadian highway markers,' and my friend had a fit," Nolan recalled. ...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/can-t-unsee-western-canadians-find-trump-s-image-in-highway-signs-1.4112884

AsphaltPlanet

thank goodness it wasn't designated as the orangehead highway.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

formulanone

I don't know how you can mix-up trader and trait...

Oops, wrong forum.

english si

Quote from: formulanone on May 18, 2017, 12:45:31 PM
I don't know how you can mix-up trader and trait...
Shared etymology from the Latin tradere "he hands over" ;)

Alps

Interesting article but locked due to political abuse of comments.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.