News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Worst experience you have ever had with a restaurant and its staff?

Started by index, October 19, 2017, 10:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Quote from: Beltway on November 08, 2017, 11:30:40 PM
I was eating at a Shoney's about 20 years ago.  A guy at the next table suddenly started belching loudly, and he started to get up (maybe to use the restroom), and then he blew lunch all over the table.  He ran for the restroom, and he spewed all over the floor several times while on the way.  This really took the edge off of my meal...

Once about 20 years ago, some kid threw up all over a table at the local McDonald's.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Beltway

Quote from: Brian556 on November 09, 2017, 01:16:05 AM
Quote from: Beltway on November 08, 2017, 11:30:40 PM
I was eating at a Shoney's about 20 years ago.  A guy at the next table suddenly started belching loudly, and he started to get up (maybe to use the restroom), and then he blew lunch all over the table.  He ran for the restroom, and he spewed all over the floor several times while on the way.  This really took the edge off of my meal...
:-D That is hilarious! I've never heard of belches preceding vomiting, so this was a unique event

All in all, it was really sickening to see and hear this whole scene.  The belching was disgusting in and of itself.  I don't see where the restaurant staff committed any blunders, though, as they quickly sent someone out to clean up all the chunder.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

roadman

Quote from: Rothman on October 31, 2017, 09:58:33 AM
Quote from: Brandon on October 31, 2017, 09:54:23 AM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on October 31, 2017, 06:21:12 AM
And I will love to taste what passes for proper pizza in upstate NY.

We could start a serious pizza war here, but simply put NY pizza is floppy crap.
I have never understood being exclusive in this regard.  I love both thin crust and deep dish.
Reminds me of when I first started my freshman year in college.  I asked a classmate where I could get good pizza.  His reply was "What do you like?  Italian cardboard or Greek sponge?"
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.