Planned Amusement Park Trips - 2018/2019/2020

Started by noelbotevera, November 19, 2016, 01:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noelbotevera

Since we're saving up for a family member going to college, I may as well create a couple planned amusement park visits (wow a transport AND roller coaster enthusiast?).

Canada's Wonderland - Toronto
It's a new city for me. I have the exact details that are still shelved but the proposal is not dead yet. We have to renew passports, however.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Hampton Roads
Also new. I've heard this is better than Kings Dominion (mind you, Kings Dominion was still fun), but I'll still give it a chance. I've heard that there is more quality than there is with Kings Dominion, but there's only two Busch Gardens, so it's understandable.

Carowinds - Charlotte/Fort Mill
It's new because I'm going inside Charlotte. I've heard this is on the map because of Intimidator and Fury 325.

Cedar Point - middle of nowhere (and Detroit!)
New for the rest of the family except my dad. My dad will revisit this area after 26 years. Coaster enthusiasts basically say that going here is required, and I will follow in their footsteps.

1995hoo

While I have to preface my comment by noting that the last time I went to Kings Dominion was 1992 and the last time I went to Busch Gardens was 1990, my opinion, and the opinion of everyone else I know, was that Kings Dominion is better for the thrill rides but Busch Gardens has a far more scenic location and a better-behaved clientele. I believe the Big Bad Wolf has been removed, which is too bad because it was our favorite ride at Busch Gardens.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

noelbotevera

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 19, 2016, 03:30:11 PM
While I have to preface my comment by noting that the last time I went to Kings Dominion was 1992 and the last time I went to Busch Gardens was 1990, my opinion, and the opinion of everyone else I know, was that Kings Dominion is better for the thrill rides but Busch Gardens has a far more scenic location and a better-behaved clientele. I believe the Big Bad Wolf has been removed, which is too bad because it was our favorite ride at Busch Gardens.
It was quite recent. Big Bad Wolf was replaced with Verbolten in 2015. I prefer Verbolten but I have to experience it first.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: noelbotevera on November 19, 2016, 01:46:44 PM
Since we're saving up for a family member going to college, I may as well create a couple planned amusement park visits (wow a transport AND roller coaster enthusiast?).

Ha... I am too! I love roller coasters. However, as I'm getting older, I'm finding that I have less tolerance for wooden coasters that jostle my body around so much.

Quote from: noelbotevera on November 19, 2016, 01:46:44 PM
Cedar Point - middle of nowhere (and Detroit!)
New for the rest of the family except my dad. My dad will revisit this area after 26 years. Coaster enthusiasts basically say that going here is required, and I will follow in their footsteps.

Coaster enthusiasts are correct about Cedar Point. You absolutely must visit that park. I've lived in Michigan my entire life which isn't that terribly far of a drive to Cedar Point. I've been there something like 10 times in my life.
-A.J. from Michigan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.