AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Highway Data Discussion (CHM/TravelMapping)  (Read 119585 times)

bejacob

• Last Login: August 17, 2021, 01:37:16 PM
Re: Highway Data Discussion (CHM/TravelMapping)
« Reply #325 on: January 22, 2016, 10:40:56 PM »

US62/68 rerouting in OH/KY.

Old topic from CHM. http://clinched.s2.bizhat.com/clinched-ftopic1764.html&highlight=us62. The new site is still showing the old routing.

Here's the best I can do finding signage https://www.google.com/maps/@38.6537576,-83.7574047,3a,49.4y,27.44h,90.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sk_LZKfgSDHpVSM4U6M_Feg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656. Here is a link that has a few photos http://www.alpsroads.net/roads/oh/bus_62/.

Having just driving the route, I looked through the HB as I didn't recall seeing any Business routes in Ohio for US62.

Anyway, I suspect someone may wish to explore the issue further for both KY and OH.

I got down there today before the snow and it seems that the Business signs are a mistake.

Traveling east on US 52 (and west on US 62 and south on US 68), at the newer bridge the signs point 68 onto the bridge and 52 and "Business 62" on ahead towards Aberdeen. There is no mention of any other 62, either going forward or across the bridge. "Business 62" continues on along 52 to the older bridge and turns and crosses the river to Maysville, KY. All signage in KY calls the road "US 62" (no business banners can be seen on 62 signs anywhere). I followed it all the way to the US62/US68Bus intersection and saw only bannerless 62 signs. No mention of a Business route appeared on KY 8 or the AA Hwy either.

So I believe that the best course of action is to leave things as they are.

Makes sense. I just shared what I saw because it made me wonder. When I passed through last month, the signs confused me as I didn't recall any business routes in the database. Thanks for checking it out. Routes that stay the same is good as it means no changes our list files.  :)

yakra

• Last Login: February 13, 2024, 06:39:12 PM
« Reply #326 on: January 28, 2016, 10:41:02 AM »

DE 273:  All indications seem to be that it officially ends at the intersection with DE 9 and DE 141, but it seems that it might be posted along DE 9 to 6th St in New Castle (which was the case at one point, the final point heading east for DE 273 is at 6th St and not at the DE 9/DE 141 intersection).
Is the signage you saw newer than GMSV? I saw enough signage in GMSV to convince me to leave as is.
What are your "All indications" / sources of info / etc.?

US 13 (PA):  This is missing a point at PA 320 (just east of PA 352 which is the better road), PA 320 does have a point at US 13 (and is fully posted in Chester despite its oddities).
I've submitted a pull request for this.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

74/171FAN

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:01:22 PM
« Reply #327 on: January 28, 2016, 10:47:27 PM »

DE 273:  All indications seem to be that it officially ends at the intersection with DE 9 and DE 141, but it seems that it might be posted along DE 9 to 6th St in New Castle (which was the case at one point, the final point heading east for DE 273 is at 6th St and not at the DE 9/DE 141 intersection).
Is the signage you saw newer than GMSV? I saw enough signage in GMSV to convince me to leave as is.
What are your "All indications" / sources of info / etc.?

I thought I saw a begin sign posted on DE 273 WB just past DE 141 (and the wikipedia article has its eastern end there).  Yes I agree with you on what I saw from street view so I am fine with you leaving it alone for now (the only reason I was even on a road trip that day was due to a power outage at work so I have no chance of field verifying it any time soon).

Has anyone mentioned the PA 441 relocation in Columbia here yet?  Basically it follows Front St instead of Locust St and 3rd St through downtown and connects to 3rd St at the north end of the US 30 interchange.  From a short field visit on Christmas Eve, it seems that PA 441 is exclusively being posted that way now (coming towards Columbia I saw 3rd St being posted as "TO PA 462", I did not check the borough itself.

In result, PA 441 does not intersect PA 462 anymore so that point will need to be moved (maybe where it used to turn onto Locust St) and the US 30 point should be moved to the north end of the interchange.

I did get a chance to field verify this yesterday.  I saw that PA 441 is exclusively posted on the bypass and that the only reference to PA 441 from PA 462 is via "TO" signs.  I should also mention that there is a ramp from the new PA 441 NB that connects to the existing US 30 EB on-ramp. (it connects to the existing ramp from Cedar St, I obviously have no idea how that could currently be put into OSM until imagery shows it or whatever)
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

rickmastfan67

• The Invisible One

• I want I-67 in PA!!!!

• Last Login: March 16, 2024, 01:05:30 AM
« Reply #328 on: January 28, 2016, 11:19:41 PM »

Has anyone mentioned the PA 441 relocation in Columbia here yet?  Basically it follows Front St instead of Locust St and 3rd St through downtown and connects to 3rd St at the north end of the US 30 interchange.  From a short field visit on Christmas Eve, it seems that PA 441 is exclusively being posted that way now (coming towards Columbia I saw 3rd St being posted as "TO PA 462", I did not check the borough itself.

In result, PA 441 does not intersect PA 462 anymore so that point will need to be moved (maybe where it used to turn onto Locust St) and the US 30 point should be moved to the north end of the interchange.

I did get a chance to field verify this yesterday.  I saw that PA 441 is exclusively posted on the bypass and that the only reference to PA 441 from PA 462 is via "TO" signs.  I should also mention that there is a ramp from the new PA 441 NB that connects to the existing US 30 EB on-ramp. (it connects to the existing ramp from Cedar St, I obviously have no idea how that could currently be put into OSM until imagery shows it or whatever)

I was the one to originally add it into OSM.  I used 2015 NAIP imagery of PA that showed construction far enough along to show that ramp alignment with the rest of the construction for this reroute.

yakra

• Last Login: February 13, 2024, 06:39:12 PM
« Reply #329 on: February 11, 2016, 05:29:04 PM »

I thought I saw a begin sign posted on DE 273 WB just past DE 141 (and the wikipedia article has its eastern end there).  Yes I agree with you on what I saw from street view so I am fine with you leaving it alone for now (the only reason I was even on a road trip that day was due to a power outage at work so I have no chance of field verifying it any time soon).
I had another look around and found the BEGIN sign. Annoyingly, it doesn't line up with the END sign. Oh, bother. I wanna walk away from this one whistling casually, and just leave the status quo. Although, the 6thSt_W label is incorrect, and should be relabeled 6thSt.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.