News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Retired hurricane names for 2017

Started by Pink Jazz, October 11, 2017, 03:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I was a little surprised to see Nate get retired, but I knew Harvey, Irma, and Maria definitely would - you gotta feel sorry for all the people affected by any and all hurricanes or weather events (death, property damage, loss of loved one, etc.).
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

Pink Jazz

Quote from: 20160805 on April 24, 2018, 07:58:50 PM
I was a little surprised to see Nate get retired, but I knew Harvey, Irma, and Maria definitely would - you gotta feel sorry for all the people affected by any and all hurricanes or weather events (death, property damage, loss of loved one, etc.).

Nate caused significant damage to Costa Rica, and for a country that rarely gets affected by hurricanes, it warrants retirement by their standards, so I'm not surprised at all.  Otto of 2016 was retired and it caused less damage than Nate.

Ophelia I initially thought would have had a higher chance of retirement, but final damage totals were much lower than initial estimates, leading to the name not being retired.

CNGL-Leudimin

What is more amazing, you guessed correctly one of the replacement names!
Quote from: Pink Jazz on January 10, 2018, 02:32:45 PM
Here are my picks for replacement names:

• Harvey replaced by Hank (Nope, Harold)
  • Irma replaced by Idalia (Correct!)
  • Maria replaced by Maleficent (Nope, Margot)
  • Nate replaced by Neil (Nope, Nigel)
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Interstate 69 Fan

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on April 25, 2018, 02:51:34 PM

Nice call.
Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

Pink Jazz

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on April 25, 2018, 02:51:34 PM

I knew Maleficent wasn't likely to replace Maria, but considering they chose Elsa to replace Erika, I thought it would make sense to stick with the Disney theme.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.