Delaware Road Meet - 12/16/17

Started by Alex, November 27, 2017, 08:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cl94

Sweet. Looks like a nice mix of stuff. Might even save me a little bit of time when I get around to clinching Delaware in a year or two. :-D
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

oscar

Even if we're not meeting up at the Farmer's Market, maybe include that as a stop, after we've consolidated our group into a reasonable number of cars? Donna's booth at the market sounds interesting.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Alex

The weather forecast still looks good for Saturday: 38 and sunny. So I'm formally shifting the meet location to the I-95 Service Plaza. With so many attendees, this will offset the likely parking issues with the Farmers Market.

Quote from: oscar on December 11, 2017, 08:43:27 PM
Even if we're not meeting up at the Farmer's Market, maybe include that as a stop, after we've consolidated our group into a reasonable number of cars? Donna's booth at the market sounds interesting.

If the weather is not super windy, there will be some outside vendors set up at the flea market portion of the New Castle Farmers Market. It is best to hit those up in the morning, as most head home by early afternoon. The Farmers Market stays open through to the evening, and looking at Donna's "Treasure Hunt" page, her hours are listed til 9 pm. The shop is along the southeast side of the market.

Duke87

I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm going
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

cpzilliacus

Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

oscar

jeffandnicole

I will be working NJDOT tonight. Along with my other planned activities throughout the weekend, I think I'm unfortunately going to have to miss this event after all.   If I don't make it there, have a great time!

Alps

Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 15, 2017, 11:17:06 PM
I will be working NJDOT tonight. Along with my other planned activities throughout the weekend, I think I'm unfortunately going to have to miss this event after all.   If I don't make it there, have a great time!
If you do make it there, we'll be sure to be miserable. :)

Alex

Will be carpooling with Alex and heading to the I-95 Service Plaza around 10:30. See everyone there!

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Alps on December 16, 2017, 12:35:29 AM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 15, 2017, 11:17:06 PM
If you do make it there, we'll be sure to be miserable. :)

LOL...I definitely thought about it this morning...even if it was for a drive-by visit at the rest stop...but just not going to make it down there!

hbelkins

Good meet, a lot of participants and some pretty good lunch. Thank you again to the person who provided it. I won't out you here but you know who you are.

We may have had a first today -- a snow angel on an under-construction freeway.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

oscar

Here's my version of the group photo, taken at the DE 299/future toll US 301 interchange under construction.

As you can see, a pretty good turnout of at least a dozen and a half. Maybe less "mini" a meet than was originally expected.

cl94

Agree completely with this being a good meet. Mix of old and new, visited or crossed most of the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal bridges, and many of us got some neat maps. Who would have thought that a snow meet could get close to 20 people on relatively short notice?
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

froggie

I can believe it.  It was within a half-day drive of several forum regulars.

jeffandnicole

The only thing that kept me from attending it was working all night due to the snow, and other activities I had to attend Saturday night.  I needed sleep at some point.  Although many years ago, I did fall asleep quite often in a NJ Toll Booth, so I could've done that at the Delaware rest stop! :-)

74/171FAN

Quote from: cl94 on December 18, 2017, 12:48:18 PM
Agree completely with this being a good meet. Mix of old and new, visited or crossed most of the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal bridges, and many of us got some neat maps. Who would have thought that a snow meet could get close to 20 people on relatively short notice?

I would consider the 2016 Central PA Meet more of a snow meet than this one.  Unlike that meet, it did not snow on the day of the meet this time.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

hbelkins

Quote from: oscar on December 17, 2017, 11:22:48 PM
Here's my version of the group photo, taken at the DE 299/future toll US 301 interchange under construction. No caption yet (I'm the old fart at the right end of the group), not awake enough right now.

As you can see, a pretty good turnout of at least a dozen and a half. Maybe less "mini" a meet than was originally expected.

Sheesh. With the hoodie and the darkened glasses lenses, I look like the Unabomber.

jpi

Nice pic guys! Steph and I had just left Harrisburg that morning and was on the road to TN, if we had one more day off we would have joined you guys. I was able to see some more CSSV expressway construction last week and I am about to post 2 dates for said road meet  :nod:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Alps

Quote from: oscar on December 17, 2017, 11:22:48 PM
Here's my version of the group photo, taken at the DE 299/future toll US 301 interchange under construction.

From left to right: Meryl, AARoads Alex, Lou, Dan, Mike T., Laura, Steve, H.B. "the Unabomber", Patrick (CPZ), 74/171 (Mark), Scott D, Anthony, Doug, Chris C., "Little Alex", Josh, Brent, Brian, Oscar

froggie

jpi

Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

PHLBOS

Quote from: froggie on December 19, 2017, 07:24:51 AMIs Tantillo growing a beard...?
More like grown a beard.   :sombrero:

Several of us, myself included, who hadn't seen Mike in a while; initially either did a double-take or didn't recognize him when he first arrived.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

hbelkins

Quote from: PHLBOS on December 19, 2017, 08:46:28 AM
Quote from: froggie on December 19, 2017, 07:24:51 AMIs Tantillo growing a beard...?
More like grown a beard.   :sombrero:

Several of us, myself included, who hadn't seen Mike in a while; initially either did a double-take or didn't recognize him when he first arrived.

He said that was six months' worth of growth but he plans to trim it. I couldn't get my beard that long in six years, much less six months.

And when I described what I looked like to my wife, she said, "you probably looked like the Unabomber." She didn't know how right she was.  :bigass:

vdeane

He should have dyed it white, dressed in a red suit, and shown up with lots of road maps.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

hbelkins

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.